Are you expecting an easy win vs. Texas?

What kind of game are you expecting against Texas?

• Blowout for Bama (3 or more scores)

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Comfortable win for Bama (2 scores)

Votes: 118 34.9%
  • Close win for Bama (1 score)

Votes: 156 46.2%
  • Toss-up

Votes: 37 10.9%
  • Texas win

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
and a official's help to get out alive.
Wow, excuse me?

I'll assume (we know what that does) that you meant the interception in the LSU game. Since you obviously didn't watch any of the rest of that game, I'll fill you in. LSU had something like 9 total yards of offense in the ENTIRE 4TH QUARTER. Had that been an INT (read the rules, Julio touched the ball while out of bounds, rules state that it's incomplete), LSU had 60 yards to go for a TD to win the game.

But of course, they would have miraculously found a pulse with their backup QB and waltzed down the field for a TD had that INT been called. Thank God the REC has the officials paid off... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And for what it's worth, I expect the game against Texas to be close and hard-fought on both sides. I just don't appreciate snide comments like the above.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
I see some eerie similarities with 1992 right now. Then, as now, two undefeated teams were to meet in the MNC. Then, as now, one team had the Heisman winner and was heavily favored. Then, the favored team (Miami) came in expecting a cake walk to a trophy that they had already cleared a space in the cabinet for. And then, the underdog (Bama) beat them to a pulp.

I am worried about over confidence, Texas is not a pushover. They are 13-0 for a reason.

CapitalTider

All-American
Jun 8, 2004
Vienna, VA
I see some eerie similarities with 1992 right now. Then, as now, two undefeated teams were to meet in the MNC. Then, as now, one team had the Heisman winner and was heavily favored. Then, the favored team (Miami) came in expecting a cake walk to a trophy that they had already cleared a space in the cabinet for. And then, the underdog (Bama) beat them to a pulp.

I am worried about over confidence, Texas is not a pushover. They are 13-0 for a reason.
From reading some of the posts on here from UT fans I have to wonder who might be over-confident in this one. Despite what either fan base thinks, I believe neither team expects the other to be a push-over. I think CNS has our guys not believing that and they only have to look back to last year's Sugar Bowl to see the results of that kind of thinking. I hope the Longhorn team thinks of Alabama like most of their fans seem to, but I doubt we'll get that lucky. Miami's disrespect was evident from the way they conducted themselves prior to the game (and all year really). I've seen no evidence of that from either team. The only parallels I see to 1992 is one team has the Heisman winner and the other has the player coming in third in the voting.

Warmsley

Dec 16, 2009
I will tell you who we have struggled against - teams who forced us to the short routes that also had great running games. Why? Because it is harder to score without big plays in that type of game, and their running games minimized our number of possessions. Think TN, LSU and Auburn. With each team having fewer possessions, both teams have a chance late in the game.

Florida didn't have a running game, so we ended up taking them apart (even with their great defense and Tim Tebow). In fact, every team that we faced this year without a solid running game has been destroyed. That is why I am so confident.

If Texas is one dimensional, we could win in a 38-6 type of game...
Not making any predictions but Texas has lost one game by more than twenty points in the last nine years and that was six years ago. In fact, Texas has lost by more than one score just twice in the last six years, the last one being almost three seasons ago. Just something to consider when predicting a 38-6 type of game.

CapitalTider

All-American
Jun 8, 2004
Vienna, VA
Not making any predictions but Texas has lost one game by more than twenty points in the last nine years and that was six years ago. In fact, Texas has lost by more than one score just twice in the last six years, the last one being almost three seasons ago. Just something to consider when predicting a 38-6 type of game.
Who's predicting 38-6, unless you're predicting UT 38 UA6? 49% of respondents to the poll pick Alabama by one score so that's 3 to 7 points. This is an Alabama website after all. I'm predicting UT 99 - UA 6 because Colt McCoy is unstoppable! UT only scores 99 because Mack's got more class than Stoops and won't try to blow-up the scoreboard on us. We only get the 6 when you're third string plays in the fourth quarter.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
You make legitimate points. There's no doubt we struggled running against Auburn. However, even in other games where our offense struggled, we took over late on the ground and pretty much ran at will. With that said, answer me this. Has Texas played a game this year that a team was still commited to pounding the ball down their throats in he 4th quarter? I ask this because if you don't get up big on us early, that's what's gonna happen. Has your team proven they can stop the run for 4 quarters against a great running team? If not, you gotta wonder if they can.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

If your smart you Gumps won't be .... sure. What is it with your fanbase? Do you think the Longhorns are going to just lay down and take it like a bama whore when the game rolls around?

You guys can't really be this arrogant can you?
Did you actually read the thread, or just the title?

Regardless, its time to say goodbye! (read the rules) :biggrin2:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Alabama has lost twice by 20 or more points in the last 10 seasons and that includes NCAA sanctions, reduced roster limits, reduced scholarships, 3 Mikes and a Franchione.

BamaQ

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Savannah, GA
I expect a close game that could go either way. And I'll admit, so much talk of Bama dominating makes me real uncomfortable.

Last edited:

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com

If your smart you Gumps won't be .... sure. What is it with your fanbase? Do you think the Longhorns are going to just lay down and take it like a bama whore when the game rolls around?

You guys can't really be this arrogant can you?
Take a seat on the sidelines son and let the grown ups talk.

BamaQ

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Savannah, GA
Bayou, I copied the wrong quote in my previous post. Rookie mistake. I meant to insert the same quote you did from HookemHorns. Man, you caught that quick.

ElephanTideis

All-SEC
Aug 17, 2008
I don't see how anyone could summarize the game better, bonehouse. I agree wholeheartedly with everything you posted. I think it will be tight for about 3 quarters, but I see us pulling away at the end, about like the South Carolina and Va Tech games.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I expected the Texas fans to be like the VaTech fans. I was wrong. I didn't think a national championship victory could get sweeter, but I find myself wanting to win more and more. And not just win, totally dominate. Hope the team is thinking the same.
Some good some need some trainin' :) I like the good ones.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The only opponent cliche we have yet to see is the "Our first string guy got shot/was arrested/failed out/joined the circus but it's OK, his backup is actually better and could probably be starting for the Indianapolis Colts."
Probably because it hasn't happened yet. There's still time... :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.