BREAKING First scrimmage

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
First scrimmage in the books. Just saw some comments from Saban. When he spoke about wide outs he mentioned Burton had a good day and Anderson had a couple nice runs after catch.. I think Burton is going to be a great addition this fall for us. He also mentioned several drops. Sanders and Gibbs both had 10/12 carries Sanders had like 75 yards and Gibbs around 55. Young has a nice day but drops were mentioned again. Milroe looked decent with the first team. Simpson still learning. Sounds like he was pretty pleased for the most part. I know usually little tidbits get leaked out so hoping they will get posted here.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Gibbs
First scrimmage in the books. Just saw some comments from Saban. When he spoke about wide outs he mentioned Burton had a good day and Anderson had a couple nice runs after catch.. I think Burton is going to be a great addition this fall for us. He also mentioned several drops. Sanders and Gibbs both had 10/12 carries Sanders had like 75 yards and Gibbs around 55. Young has a nice day but drops were mentioned again. Milroe looked decent with the first team. Simpson still learning. Sounds like he was pretty pleased for the most part. I know usually little tidbits get leaked out so hoping they will get posted here.
gibbs and sanders, with jace, roydell as backup beginning the season, that looks good to me and a couple of really good looking freshman. we are loaded, can we take advantage of this talent is the question.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
As others have alluded in this thread, what Saban doesn’t say is often more important than what he does say.

I think young Mr. Hall is on his last chance. He was told in no uncertain terms in Saban’s rant at the coaches’ clinic. I have no doubt he was told before that in face-to-face meetings. The message was reinforced yesterday in that new names, including a true freshman, are mentioned with praise, but his is conspicuously absent….no mention whatsoever.

With the benefit of hindsight, it may turn out that last year’s A-Day performance was the worst thing that ever happened to him.

Saban has repeatedly said that the team as a whole has a good attitude, and is responding the right way to what everyone views as last year’s negativity and deficiencies in leadership. Sometimes, you have to be dope-slapped by life before such lessons sink in.

Hall will get with the program, or the program will move on without him. His choice. I sincerely hope he changes, because right this second, he’s taking up a scholarship, contributing almost nothing, and is perpetually in the dog house.

On another note, Saban’s comments on the OL struck me as telling, especially in comparison with the overall positivity of his review of the first scrimmage. We have a long way to go on the offensive front.

Also, it was great to see Sanders’ stats, especially given the damning faint praise of the OL.

From what I’ve been able to cobble together from various sources, his injury from the car wreck was similar to Tua’s. Assuming that’s an accurate assessment, I always expected a two-year recovery period, and was honestly surprised at his ability to contribute as much as he did in 2021. Sanders showed huge heart and mental toughness last year, though you could tell his body just wasn’t fully cooperating yet — significantly slower than pre-injury, and nowhere in the galaxy of his previous explosiveness.

With another two weeks of spring ball, a summer of rehab, and fall camp before the 2022 season, I’m hopeful he’ll be truly back — if anybody deserves a run of good luck, it’s Trey Sanders.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
As others have alluded in this thread, what Saban doesn’t say is often more important than what he does say.

I think young Mr. Hall is on his last chance. He was told in no uncertain terms in Saban’s rant at the coaches’ clinic. I have no doubt he was told before that in face-to-face meetings. The message was reinforced yesterday in that new names, including a true freshman, are mentioned with praise, but his is conspicuously absent….no mention whatsoever.

With the benefit of hindsight, it may turn out that last year’s A-Day performance was the worst thing that ever happened to him.

Saban has repeatedly said that the team as a whole has a good attitude, and is responding the right way to what everyone views as last year’s negativity and deficiencies in leadership. Sometimes, you have to be dope-slapped by life before such lessons sink in.

Hall will get with the program, or the program will move on without him. His choice. I sincerely hope he changes, because right this second, he’s taking up a scholarship, contributing almost nothing, and is perpetually in the dog house.

On another note, Saban’s comments on the OL struck me as telling, especially in comparison with the overall positivity of his review of the first scrimmage. We have a long way to go on the offensive front.

Also, it was great to see Sanders’ stats, especially given the damning faint praise of the OL.

From what I’ve been able to cobble together from various sources, his injury from the car wreck was similar to Tua’s. Assuming that’s an accurate assessment, I always expected a two-year recovery period, and was honestly surprised at his ability to contribute as much as he did in 2021. Sanders showed huge heart and mental toughness last year, though you could tell his body just wasn’t fully cooperating yet — significantly slower than pre-injury, and nowhere in the galaxy of his previous explosiveness.

With another two weeks of spring ball, a summer of rehab, and fall camp before the 2022 season, I’m hopeful he’ll be truly back — if anybody deserves a run of good luck, it’s Trey Sanders.
Totally agree with your perspective...though with 3 OL probable starters out I think we can go easier on them for the time being. I was delighted to see him praise Milroe...everyone is overlooking him with talk about Simpson and Manning...but he seems to be the real deal.

FaninLA

2nd Team
Jul 9, 2019
Cantonment, FL
Totally agree with your perspective...though with 3 OL probable starters out I think we can go easier on them for the time being. I was delighted to see him praise Milroe...everyone is overlooking him with talk about Simpson and Manning...but he seems to be the real deal.
I am excited about Milroe. It wasn’t long ago that Mac Jones was being overlooked.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Anderson was also held out for a weird reason. That weird reason probably being he would destroy any and all confidence that the line has managed to create.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.