Link: Lets get ready for BAMA in the ESPN Invitational Nov. 25, 26 & 28

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Good to pull it out at the end. Hopefully can get another W to close it out. Feel like we are playing a little hurt still along with having to gel and JQ is having to learn how to lead instead of just coming in and doing his thing. Lot of potential always love getting the W. Shaq is looking pretty good. Ellis has slowed down a little on offense hopefully he will come back on but this should be a fun team all year.
As someone else said, it's still gelling. The departed were very important to the mix...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Sneaked a peek at the box score observations:

Gary needs significant minutes, he looks like he’s an efficient effort kind of player.

We couldn’t hit water if we fell out of a boat in regards to 3s. Zags ate UCLA up the other night on defense when they tried to drive the lane.

Finally, if you’re going to skip free throws in practice you better hit more than 23% from behind the arc. I don’t understand if a coach studies analytics he would have to see that drives create free throw opportunities.

There’s time to get better and he’s a good coach, let’s go.

Reactions: bama1992#1

bama1992#1

Suspended
Sep 9, 2001
It appears that you have signed up and showed up solely to complain. The basketball board is smaller and less tolerant of that sort of thing. Just a helpful hint.
No sir. Been on here for years. Not to complain. Love Bama basketball. I love this team. I think there a little over hyped. I get frustrated watching turnovers happen that has nothing to do with the other team and missed free throws. Silly things. I'm a realist. You take care of the ball and hit the free ones you win. I'll admit I get into it to much.

Reactions: ROCKEE

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Iowa State v Memphis is a literal abortion of a basketball game. Thought I'd mention it since Memphis is on your schedule.

Penny is one of the worst Xs and Os coaches I've ever seen at the D1 level, and I survived Barbee.
I agree about Penny, that's what makes a win against them even more important for us. We really need to put the throttle down on them. One more sub par season for them with all the talent he's been getting in will surely lead to him being on the hot seat next year.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
As someone else said, it's still gelling. The departed were very important to the mix...
I agree, and leadership plays a HUGE role as well. We really need it if this team is going to be successful. This team is one of the more talented teams the program has had, BUT we can't just rely on last years success and show up to play, they have to go in with the mindset to outplay their opponents one game at a time. They do that and this team can run with pretty much anyone ... if they don't, then we'll this team will be the season of what ifs.

This schedule will help prepare this team for great success but they have to take advantage of it and learn from each game.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
On a side note, is the championship game matchup Dayton vs Belmont? If so, we really missed an opportunity with this tourney. No knock on either team, just saying we really had a solid chance of winning this one. Grant really has the Dayton program humming up there. Won't be surprised if the win this tournament.

Reactions: dayhiker

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.