Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
I don't know if that's true or not but it is obvious he deliberately tried to manipulate Twitter's stock value with some of his public statements and that to an extent if worked.
Does Musk have any investments in the male fragrance business?

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Or deer antler essence? OTOH, anyone who believes only 5% of Twitter's posters are bots deserves to buy a bridge...
I believe the less than 5% is true. On the other hand, I think the less than 5% generate a significant portion of traffic and views.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I believe the less than 5% is true. On the other hand, I think the less than 5% generate a significant portion of traffic and views.
I wasn't clear. I really meant far, far more than 5% of tweets, although I think probably more than 5% of accounts are fake also. The Russian bot farms alone account for more than 5%...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
From what I understand, there's a 1 billion dollar breakup fee that Twitter negotiated that Elon will have to pay, provided he can't get out of it another way.

Not sure about the bots stuff - I think he just changed his mind - period.

My guess is he will pay the Billion and walk away.

• Haha
Reactions: Crimson1967

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
From what I understand, there's a 1 billion dollar breakup fee that Twitter negotiated that Elon will have to pay, provided he can't get out of it another way.

Not sure about the bots stuff - I think he just changed his mind - period.

My guess is he will pay the Billion and walk away.
Twitter can force him to buy, or to use every possible avenue available to secure the funding to buy.

He can't just walk away because he changed his mind after waiving the right to further investigation or stipulation when he signed the deal.

Twitter can force the purchase now, but speculation is that in the end they may settle for a sum that is multiples of $1B.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV and 92tide

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This is going to get interesting. There’s a lot of, “Yeah, but….” on both sides.

Bottom line is that, especially if the buyer pays the breakup fee, it’s really hard to force somebody to buy something they don’t want to buy. And for a billion dollars, he’s going to argue that Twitter failed do live up to reps and warranties in the contract. I don’t know if there’s a factual basis, but that’s what he’s going to assert.

Also, it’s hard to know if Musk really just wants to walk, or is using this to get a lower price.

I think the truth is probably that Musk now thinks the proposed purchase price is too high, and he wants out or a lower price.

But he’s such a weird guy. Has the attention span of a kindergartener and a moral compass that continually spins in random directions. He might have just decided he doesn’t want the old toy / Twitter anymore, and has turned his focus to a new toy.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This is going to get interesting. There’s a lot of, “Yeah, but….” on both sides.

Bottom line is that, especially if the buyer pays the breakup fee, it’s really hard to force somebody to buy something they don’t want to buy. And for a billion dollars, he’s going to argue that Twitter failed do live up to reps and warranties in the contract. I don’t know if there’s a factual basis, but that’s what he’s going to assert.

Also, it’s hard to know if Musk really just wants to walk, or is using this to get a lower price.

I think the truth is probably that Musk now thinks the proposed purchase price is too high, and he wants out or a lower price.

But he’s such a weird guy. Has the attention span of a kindergartener and a moral compass that continually spins in random directions. He might have just decided he doesn’t want the old toy / Twitter anymore, and has turned his focus to a new toy.
I think your last paragraph nailed it. I don't think he's negotiating...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Twitter can force him to buy, or to use every possible avenue available to secure the funding to buy.

He can't just walk away because he changed his mind after waiving the right to further investigation or stipulation when he signed the deal.

Twitter can force the purchase now, but speculation is that in the end they may settle for a sum that is multiples of $1B.
True. As I've posted, I think they will file for specific performance, they will litigate for a while and settle for an undisclosed amount...

Reactions: NationalTitles18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.