Nick Pringle suspended indefinitely

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
Per AL.com. Said nothing major off court happened. Just internal team issue. Hoping he gets it turned around. Definitely need interior bodies.

Hate to hear that. Pringle and Wague are the only "muscle" guys we have down under.

It would really help us for him to get his act together.

Here's hoping that he does ... soon :)

Reactions: day-day

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
He’s not stepped up. Guessing Nate gave him an earful. Maybe didn’t handle it well.
I don’t know what happened.

But your first sentence is 100% true. The second sentence would be a logical response to the first. And the third could easily follow.

Another possibility: It's dead week. The timing could indicate academic trouble

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
This is a telling quote:
“It’ll be good to get Nick back against Purdue,” Oats said. “He had a great practice yesterday. He’s back where he needs to be. I anticipate him playing a decent amount of minutes and we’re going to need our whole front line against Zach Edey. He seems to collect a lot of fouls on other teams’ front lines.”
This is the gospel truth.

Edey's like a teflon bull in a china shop. He just bangs away down under and gets all the calls.

I predict he will foul out at least two of our big men.

Reactions: GboyBama

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I had wondered why Nelson wasn't playing later during the 2nd half. I hope his injury heals up quickly with no issues. I thought maybe Oats was just letting younger players get more time as he was comfortable with the lead and was not interested in pouring it on Arkansas State Coach Hodgson.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Moon, I wish I could agree. If he played as dynamically as you describe, he would still be starting.
Which BIG (not counting Nelson since he's already starting) is stronger or more dynamic than Pringle.

BTW, I'm not saying he can't be ALOT better/stronger but I don't see it coming from anybody else.

LittleLexi

Scout Team
Nov 7, 2022
This is a telling quote:

This is the gospel truth.

Edey's like a teflon bull in a china shop. He just bangs away down under and gets all the calls.

I predict he will foul out at least two of our big men.
Is Nelson available, I read he had a quad injury and could be on out Saturday if he was not able to practice yesterday.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads