Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL Postgame thread - Bama @ Auburn...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
It’s kinda like the hatred between the state of Missouri and Kansas
That is a pre-existing rivalry between two people that predates college football, and has been (sort of) transferred to the college football field.
One hundred years ago, people form Ohio bore no particular animus towards people from Michigan, any more so than they did with Pennsylvanians or Hoosiers.
Missouri vs Kansas, on the other hand, is a deadly rivalry. Literally.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Galloway and Cubelic were nothing but sore losers yesterday. Cubelic was on the sidelines in a later game and put Alabama at 7th in the country. Why is obvious! He said that Bama had barely beaten a poor Auburn team and Notre Dame, Cincinnati and the other five were playing better than Bama. A ridiculous bit of sour grapes that should have never made it on the air.
They are morons. Alabama would be 14 pt favorites over Cincinnati and they would cover.

Reactions: The Ols and UAH

merino

BamaNation Citizen
May 5, 2017
Where is the highly touted freshman, Tommy Brockermeyer, a 6'6¼", 283-pound offensive tackle?? Prior to signing, he was regarded as the #1 OL in the nation. After watching the pitiful OL in the IB, why not give him a chance.
Is he injured?? Anyone with inside knowledge?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
That is a pre-existing rivalry between two people that predates college football, and has been (sort of) transferred to the college football field.
One hundred years ago, people form Ohio bore no particular animus towards people from Michigan, any more so than they did with Pennsylvanians or Hoosiers.
Missouri vs Kansas, on the other hand, is a deadly rivalry. Literally.
Toledo war

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I will believe it when I see it
Here's why i said it.
1) Anytime a unit isn't performing well throughout the season and regressed... they get told to move on.
2)BOB is likely to move on.. I would be very shocked to see him back next year. Saban has been frustrated with BOB this season and his playcalling. Only way he'll come back if he excerise his demons against Georgia and Playoff teams :)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Here's why i said it.
1) Anytime a unit isn't performing well throughout the season and regressed... they get told to move on.
2)BOB is likely to move on.. I would be very shocked to see him back next year. Saban has been frustrated with BOB this season and his playcalling. Only way he'll come back if he excerise his demons against Georgia and Playoff teams :)
Maybe the solution to getting BOB to call a good game is to have Tom Brady as QB for Bama for the next three games. There seems to be some correlation between BOB calling a good offensive game and having Brady as his QB. (Heck if I had Brady as my QB, I could probably call a good offensive game).

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
On the fourth and one with 2 minutes left, Trey Sanders made the first down. He hit resistance , never stopped moving and fell over the line to gain. Terrible spot. Refs never should have blown the whistle early as trey never stopped. The ref always gives that forward motion. 99 times out of 100View attachment 20955
TY!!! TY!!! TY!!! I was screaming at my TV for a review...you saw him come out the other side of the pile on top of defenders and the ball was clearly over the line....

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Where is the highly touted freshman, Tommy Brockermeyer, a 6'6¼", 283-pound offensive tackle?? Prior to signing, he was regarded as the #1 OL in the nation. After watching the pitiful OL in the IB, why not give him a chance.
Is he injured?? Anyone with inside knowledge?
Great question! I have no immediate knowledge of the situation, but I suppose it is either: 1. the OL coaching situation hasn't allowed him to get ready/improve OR 2. he was over-hyped and perhaps doesn't "measure up" despite his measurables. My guess is it's more of #1 than #2 but could be a combination of the two.

So basically, good question and who knows???

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
The final 2 minutes and OT were exciting and fun. Before that, it was frustratingly bad. This was the worst offensive performance, game planning and play calling ever under Saban. I'm optimistic about next week and I have already seen some fans posting things like "hopefully this forces Bill O'Brien to adjust". I don't know why those people think he will change now when he hasn't changed all year. I mean, an idiot could see what was happening on the right side of the OL Saturday so why did he keep calling runs to the right? There is no good answer to that question other than he sucks. I fear that his poor planning and play calling will dig a big hole early against UGA.

I don't care if Bama wins it all this year, there are 2 offensive coaches that better be fired the second the last game is over.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.