Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL PostGame Thread - Bama vs. UGA, NCG...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Watching Bama play defense first three qtrs was pleasing. In 4th qtr they decided to sit back and not pressure.
That’s because Georgia decided to pound the ball and it worked. Once their running game opened up, we could no long pin our ears back and go after Bennett.

The better question is what happened to our run defense after halftime? We weren’t tired. Honestly, I think Kirby finally said to hell with everything, we are going back to our bread and butter and we will win or lose with it. The players accepted the challenge and just moved us off the line. Eerily reminiscent of what we did to them in the 2012 SEC championship game.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
Honestly if 84 hangs on to the perfect TD pass that Young tosses to him the entire result could shift dramatically. That play alone (without Metchie or Williams being there) changes everything.
Are you referring to the one on the same drive that we had the blocked field goal? I’m not sure he would have gotten in on that play, and given our red zone woes, probably wouldn’t have gotten in at all. But it would definitely have been an easier field goal. That also would have changed the game.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
So, I thought a lot about last night's game as I was trying to fall asleep. I had a job interview this morning and I was exhausted from not sleeping. So, this is what I came up with in my thoughts.

First, I don't think there is any doubt that Bama would have won last night with Williams and Metchie on the field. No, we shouldn't dwell on this as the UT fans did with Colt in 2009, but I don't doubt that it's true. Injuries are part of the game, and Bama didn't have the depth at WR to absorb those injuries. In the SEC championship game, Bama's offense moved the ball at will with Williams and Metchie. Once Metchie went down, the offense began to struggle. Without Williams, the offense really struggled. I know, I know, injuries are part of the game.

Second, I needed to put this season into perspective. After all of the losses from last season, it's really amazing how much this team accomplished. Bama and UGA were the two top teams this season and everyone else was way behind these two teams. The two teams split a two-game series. We may not have gotten the National Championship, but Bama did get the SEC Crown. This team did an amazing job with all of the youth and inexperience and injuries to key players.

Third, the team brings a lot back next season. Bryce comes back with a lot of talented WRs and RBs. There are also a lot of talented OL coming back. This probably wasn't really supposed to be Bama's season after losing so much talent from last season, but they did an amazing job to accomplish what they did, and next season Bama is going to be a real contender once again.

Tide-one-on

All-SEC
Aug 14, 2003
Pensacola, FL 32514
Red zone play calling hurt us and William's going down sure hurt us bad. The new kids did not get open or dropped passes they should have caught. I thought our D played great until the end. We should have been up 10-14 by then if we catch the ball. I thought for the first time Georgia was the better team going in and we still almost got them. I look forward to next year! Hope all of our guys heal quickly and if it's the NFL, or back with us, I can't wait 1 RTR!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don’t understand why we never tried running plays for Bryce in the red zone. Naked bootleg…with option to throw.
I've thought the same. We were not committed or didn't believe we could run it in with Brob so why not put BY in a position to have the option. Also, don't remember many RPO at all.

Reactions: tideindc

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia

Well, I guess the above answers one question.

The other question is what was it that Coach Kirby said after the game that Jawja fans would do in Indy? Was it "tear up the town"? I would know but I deleted the DVR of the game immediately after the game. I just did not want to see that game again.
They claim it's a quote from something Munson said at some point.

• Thank You
Reactions: Al A Bama

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Well, I guess the above answers one question.

The other question is what was it that Coach Kirby said after the game that Jawja fans would do in Indy? Was it "tear up the town"? I would know but I deleted the DVR of the game immediately after the game. I just did not want to see that game again.
It's a reference to something Larry Munson said years ago...probably the last time Georgia won a NC. It's was a joke that most folks except old Georgia fans won't get.

• Thank You
Reactions: Al A Bama

jasongilbert69

1st Team
Oct 11, 2019
We've been spoiled with GREAT, game-changers, but aside from JW we didn't have that this year. Metchie, is a great possession guy, but not a game-changer, take the off guy.

Going into next year this is truly the biggest question mark we've had in years on offense. Who's the next, great receiver? Is he on our roster (or signed)? Will he come from the transfer portal?
Disagree about Metchie. The guy has been awesome and put up some huge games in his career. I think we are just spoiled with all wr talent over the last several years.

10Bama54

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006
Regarding the freshman receivers, they didn’t have the benefit of being able to play a lot in the second half of games like Smitty and Jeudy did. With more experience they will be fine. The year that Smitty had the winning TD, Tua and the receivers were playing together a lot in games and had that game experience.

Reactions: Jay Hughes

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
We as fans are spoiled period in every aspect in regards to college football. Our coach is the 🐐 and the commitment and talent of our players is immense. Keep in mind these young men for the most part are 18-22 years old. “ They are not defined by one game”. cns

Just watch the post game video. Especially around 11:15. I feel sorry for our guys who worked so hard and lost the national championship game. At the same time, I am as proud as a fan can be of coach saban, the players and the way they have handled everything this year including their accomplishments on the field this year. RTR

Reactions: TideEngineer08

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So, I thought a lot about last night's game as I was trying to fall asleep. I had a job interview this morning and I was exhausted from not sleeping. So, this is what I came up with in my thoughts.

First, I don't think there is any doubt that Bama would have won last night with Williams and Metchie on the field. No, we shouldn't dwell on this as the UT fans did with Colt in 2009, but I don't doubt that it's true. Injuries are part of the game, and Bama didn't have the depth at WR to absorb those injuries. In the SEC championship game, Bama's offense moved the ball at will with Williams and Metchie. Once Metchie went down, the offense began to struggle. Without Williams, the offense really struggled. I know, I know, injuries are part of the game.

Second, I needed to put this season into perspective. After all of the losses from last season, it's really amazing how much this team accomplished. Bama and UGA were the two top teams this season and everyone else was way behind these two teams. The two teams split a two-game series. We may not have gotten the National Championship, but Bama did get the SEC Crown. This team did an amazing job with all of the youth and inexperience and injuries to key players.

Third, the team brings a lot back next season. Bryce comes back with a lot of talented WRs and RBs. There are also a lot of talented OL coming back. This probably wasn't really supposed to be Bama's season after losing so much talent from last season, but they did an amazing job to accomplish what they did, and next season Bama is going to be a real contender once again.
Everywhere I read, Bama is again the consensus #1 for next year, given our youth and who we have returning...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.