Pick the score: Alabama vs Ole Miss

TS1926

Sep 12, 2023
Hello All,

First off, hello fellow Bama fans, this is my first post on this board. I've been a long time lurker and I've enjoyed reading JessN's analysis' over the years.

Introduction out of the way, I believe Bama wins the game this weekend by a score of 26-21. Bama will rely heavily on special teams and defense. Also, keep in mind that Lane Kiffin hates field goals and I think this could be the type of game where it comes back to hurt them. I could see them going for it on 4th down a few times on the plus side of the field or even red zone where they don't convert.

My opinion is the passing game will be scaled back for Milroe and the run game will include more designed runs for him. I look for Bama to have moderate to good success in the run game which will open up the play action for Milroe in the passing game. I think a bulk of the pass plays will take the pressure from Milroe to read the defense and most pass plays will be predetermined before the snap.

Anyway, just my two cents for Saturday. Roll Tide whatever happens!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Unless Bama runs a heavy RPO game plan and JM masters it, I don’t see Bama winning.
There will be 7-8 land shark defenders on the line of scrimmage every play. JM has to prove he can keep them honest and receivers have to get open. Otherwise, it’s loss #2 for Bama.
They know their season is on the line in this game: if they fail, it could be the worst season Saban has had at Bama. If they win, close or not, it will be the confidence booster they need; Ole Miss is a good team.
Defensively, shut down Judkins. If he tops 100 yards Bama loses. Texas game notwithstanding, Bama has a great secondary. Any semblance of a pass rush will likely tilt the game to Bama.
Too many variables, too many unknowns - I’ll just be optimistic and say WR kicks game winner at the end. 27-26 Bama

Reactions: Tidelines

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Hard to say, this team has play C level football at beat the past few weeks, we’re long overdue for a regular season big time SEC game where both sides play lights out football. If they do that, it’ll be a 20+ point victory but some of these issues won’t get fixed in a matter of a few days. I don’t care if it’s a 1 point victory though, just win.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I see this game as low on offensive production and high on profanity from me. My daughter often watches the games with me because she collects a cursing fee, and Bama games of late are the "small town speed trap" of her personal finance plan. 20-31. 😭 💰
my pre-season wish for low returns on the swear jar fund has so far not been granted.

Bamaingeorgia81

Scout Team
Nov 26, 2022
This is just...surreal. Actually hoping we have a shot, at home, against Ole Miss. Hoping like crazy that I have just been a negative Nelly all this time for no reason. But...I'm thinking

Ole Miss 23
Bama 16
We are a full td favorite saturday and the moneyline is Bama -250. IOW we are significant favorites. So *of course* we have a shot........

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads