***SG Algie Key Commits To Alabama***

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I think we should get used to the fact that we are a 3 guard/1PF/1C team. Cecil seems to think that we are going to keep a scholly for next years talent pool. We have have 2 bigs coming in this years class.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Here are his stats from this past season.

17.6 points per game
44.3 FG %
14.7 3 point %
71.1 FT %
6.2 Rebound/game
4.5 Assist/game
Yeah, kinda weird for a guard, He only attempted 34 three's the entire season and made five. Not good.
The 44% shooting is good so he must be an ok mid-range shooter.
He had a much better freshman season than he did this year. Made All-Region as a frosh.
Maybe he had an injury or something.
Looks to be athletic.
Glad to have him but still think there should be a requirement that anyone else we sign be at least 6-8.
sip

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
Hopefully this post means we are going to speed up the offense. This guy is possible the worst shooter on the team now. He's also possibly one of the better scorers of this team. He's not going to make threes, but he will get buckets. I guess this means no Jaren Sina for us. This also means well will be replacing 4 guards and 2 bigs in 2015. That class will be HUGE.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I saw a tweet earlier in the day saying Key can get to the basket. If he can drive and break the zone, he can kick the ball out to the shooters.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
You gotta like the back court combo of Releford/Lacey/Obasohan/Key... Athleticism isn't lacking... I think Coop and Randolph, although Guards, play the 3 well... If the bigs are as good as advertised, Engstrom comes back healthy, and Pollard continues to develop like he did towards the end of the year... I will be happy with the roster

spacerats

Scout Team
Nov 11, 2006
i hope that 6'3" is legit b/c that would give him just enough length to allow us to play 3 guard lineups. Which should help us play faster. I hope he brings a mental toughness to our offense b/c that is what we need. Someone not afraid to try and dominate by taking the ball to the basket and creating opportunities for themselves and others. It always opens things up and helps the flow of offense.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm excited about the 2013-2014 season because of what returns from this season. Key's commitment (do we know when he'll sign?) makes the 2014-2015 season look even brighter.

Looking at the roster and recruits, here's who I figure will be on that team:
Seniors:
Algie Key
Ricky Tarrant
Levi Randolph
Trevor Lacey
Rodney Cooper
Nick Jacobs

Juniors:
Retin Obasohan
Devonta Pollard

Sophomores:
Shannon Hale
Jimmie Taylor

Is Carl getting a medical redshirt for this season? If so, he'll be a senior in 2014-2015. I put Ricky Tarrant as a senior, but he may be a junior on that team.

BTW, I just saw 247Sports moved Bama up 5 spots in its rankings after Key's commitment.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
I'm excited about the 2013-2014 season because of what returns from this season. Key's commitment (do we know when he'll sign?) makes the 2014-2015 season look even brighter.

Looking at the roster and recruits, here's who I figure will be on that team:
Seniors:
Algie Key
Ricky Tarrant
Levi Randolph
Trevor Lacey
Rodney Cooper
Nick Jacobs

Juniors:
Retin Obasohan
Devonta Pollard

Sophomores:
Shannon Hale
Jimmie Taylor

Is Carl getting a medical redshirt for this season? If so, he'll be a senior in 2014-2015. I put Ricky Tarrant as a senior, but he may be a junior on that team.

BTW, I just saw 247Sports moved Bama up 5 spots in its rankings after Key's commitment.
Ricky Tarrant will have to sit out a year so he would be a Junior.

Latest threads