Science: Space - the final frontier (Misc.)

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
This one looks like a painting. So beautiful.

This stuff is amazing and mesmerizing. All those galaxies which all have billions, maybe trillions, of stars, which may have billions or trillions of planets. In our galaxy alone there are estimates of tens of billions of potentially habitable planets. Look at all those other galaxies in these images with their tens of billions of potentially habitable planets. No way we are the only living sentient creatures in all this wonder.
We may never know (Fermi's Paradox).

I truly hope we aren't, one way or another.

Either way, part of the impact for me is to reinforce how precious the gift of life is (however screwed up it also is).

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
This one looks like a painting. So beautiful.

This stuff is amazing and mesmerizing. All those galaxies which all have billions, maybe trillions, of stars, which may have billions or trillions of planets. In our galaxy alone there are estimates of tens of billions of potentially habitable planets. Look at all those other galaxies in these images with their tens of billions of potentially habitable planets. No way we are the only living sentient creatures in the universe.

It blows my mind to think that in these images could be other civilizations that we will never know about and they will never know about us.
By the time we traveled there, the inhabitants would be gone.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
By the time we traveled there, the inhabitants would be gone.
Yep, and the same applies to them traveling towards us. Even these images are basically a time capsule because of how old the light is when it hits the telescope's lenses. Lets say there is a planet with life somewhere in one of these images. Our image would probably be before their planet had life and they are actually millions of years more advance then us.

It fascinates me to think about the time it takes for light to travel to us. We will never be able to see a current picture of our universe. These images are looking into the past and some of these things may not even exist anymore. The farthest detected galaxy on record is 13.5 billion light years away so any faint image we have of it is what it looked like 13.5 billion years ago. Plenty of time for a civilization to rise and fall.

I mean, we all know that Stars Wars is really a documentary about long lost civilization in a galaxy far far away.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Yep, and the same applies to them traveling towards us. Even these images are basically a time capsule because of how old the light is when it hits the telescope's lenses. Lets say there is a planet with life somewhere in one of these images. Our image would probably be before their planet had life and they are actually millions of years more advance then us.

It fascinates me to think about the time it takes for light to travel to us. We will never be able to see a current picture of our universe. These images are looking into the past and some of these things may not even exist anymore. The farthest detected galaxy on record is 13.5 billion light years away so any faint image we have of it is what it looked like 13.5 billion years ago. Plenty of time for a civilization to rise and fall.

I mean, we all know that Stars Wars is really a documentary about long lost civilization in a galaxy far far away.
It boggles the mind. Plus all the stars we are seeing are suns in another galaxy. It just crazy.

Side note: Is your tidefans name a Star Trek TNG reference?

Reactions: NationalTitles18

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Side note: Is your tidefans name a Star Trek TNG reference?
TNG/DS9/VOY, it is a Trek reference. The Grand Nagus was the leader of the Ferengi Alliance, and the financial leader of billions of Ferengi. I love the Ferengi on DS9. Quark is one of my favorite Star Trek characters, although he wasn't the Grand Nagus.

I am the Crimson Nagus, leader of the Crimson Alliance, and the financial leader of billions of online Alabama fans.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
TNG/DS9/VOY, it is a Trek reference. The Grand Nagus was the leader of the Ferengi Alliance, and the financial leader of billions of Ferengi. I love the Ferengi on DS9. Quark is one of my favorite Star Trek characters, although he wasn't the Grand Nagus.

I am the Crimson Nagus, leader of the Crimson Alliance, and the financial leader of billions of online Alabama fans.
I thought so. I may not have ever watched Star Wars but I have watched a lot of Star Trek. I actually just finished DS9.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Live launch feed - a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch a Dragon 2 spacecraft on its fifth cargo resupply mission to the International Space Station. The Falcon 9’s first stage booster will land on a drone ship in the Atlantic Ocean.

Launch happens today (July 14) at about 7:45PM CST.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
And the craziest thing is the first few images were test images. Test Images! The further we can go from here is astounding. This is a huge deal.
You know when I started teaching many years ago, I taught Earth and Space Science. There were no pictures like this. Of course we didn't have computers either. The kids would love this stuff now because they can SEE it. It would totally change their thought process about space.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
(Name Redacted, Person 1):

Has anyone noticed this galaxy cluster. Looks like 6-8 young galaxies orbiting one another. This image is so amazing.

1657942436004.png

1657942472574.png

(Name Redacted, Person 2):

That's actually the Iron Man Cluster. Excuse the rudimentary drawing.

1657942518714.png

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.