Super Bowl predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
2 things

1) Im not basing my "hunch" on Green Bay. Green Bay was that team that everyone that wasn't a Cheese head knew was that bad team with a great record. How they secured the #2 seed is beyond me, and probably says how bad the Saints are at choking. Green Bay still refuses to build a team around Rodgers and it seems Rodgers will end his career just like his predecessor in that he won a SB out of nowhere early in his career and never could get that 2nd one everyone thought he was destined for.

So it didn't surprise me at all that 49ers blasted them into cheese curds

2) For the Saints game there are probably two things to consider...

1) It was in New Orleans and
2)It was the week after they traveled to Baltimore and held Lamar Jackson and co under 300 yards (only the Steelers and Bills had better outings all year but both had Baltimore at HOME).

Sure the Chiefs faced a better statistical defense against the Pats, but anyone watching that game could tell you that the game was more about Brady and Edelman sucking than Mahomes dominating the Pats (which didnt happen). For crying out loud, the Chiefs had 136 penalty yards to 25 of the Patriots and the final was 23-16 KC.

KC will see the best defense since then, with a far superior offense. I just get that SB 48 feeling on this one in which another AFCW team goes totally untested for a year and goes against another NFCW very good defensive team

IDK its just when there is a dominant defensive line and a really good secondary on defense, it usually is a safe bet that chaos happens. Manning and Newton both found that out in SB 50

I'm not going to say San Fran can't win - I mean, it shakes out pretty close. It has the Super Bowl XXV feel to it - one high-powered offense that gets on the field and off quickly against a ball control team that does a lot of things well.

Of course, I don't lose either way. If the Chiefs win, I'm happy, if the 49ers win, the entire pro-Colin Kaepernick argument vanishes for all eternity.

And best of all........no Patriots......

Reactions: Swanny

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I want the Chiefs to win, but I think the 49ers will win. They seem a lot like lsu. As in I cannot believe they are this good and they have to have a bad game and lose spectacularly.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Of course, I don't lose either way. If the Chiefs win, I'm happy, if the 49ers win, the entire pro-Colin Kaepernick argument vanishes for all eternity.
Yeah its kinda weird that this is one of those few Super Bowls that I can wake up like everyone else tomorrow and be more critical of the Party than the outcome of the game.

Dating back to SB 40

XL- Steelers vs Seahawks: Steelers fan so why would I cheer for the hawks
XLI- Colts vs Bears- I grew up around a lot of Peyton lovers so I was desperately hoping Da Bears would win
XLII- Giants vs Pats- I wanted to see 19-0
XLIII- Steelers vs Cards- see XL
XLIV- Saints vs Colts- I really wanted to see New Orleans to bring one home
XLV- Packers vs Steelers- See XL
XLVI- Giants vs Pats- I kinda wanted to see Brady get 5
XLVII- Ravens vs 49ers- hated everyone
XLVIII Seahawks vs Broncos- I got so tired of the constant bull crap about the Broncos being the best team of all time that I just wanted to see the Hawks handle them
XLIX Pats vs Hawks- see XLVI
L- Broncos vs Panthers- hated everyone
LI- Pats vs Falcons- Liked both teams; hated to see either lose
LII-LIII at this point I just wanted to see Brady with 6.

This is this 1st one in a long that I really have no REAL dog in, and just want to enjoy the party and a good game. But going to several Royals and Chiefs games and hanging out in KC on my down time, I would like it for the city of KC. 49ers getting their 6th would be kinda annoying, but since its been done twice before them its not a huge deal.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah its kinda weird that this is one of those few Super Bowls that I can wake up like everyone else tomorrow and be more critical of the Party than the outcome of the game.

Dating back to SB 40

XL- Steelers vs Seahawks: Steelers fan so why would I cheer for the hawks
XLI- Colts vs Bears- I grew up around a lot of Peyton lovers so I was desperately hoping Da Bears would win
XLII- Giants vs Pats- I wanted to see 19-0
XLIII- Steelers vs Cards- see XL
XLIV- Saints vs Colts- I really wanted to see New Orleans to bring one home
XLV- Packers vs Steelers- See XL
XLVI- Giants vs Pats- I kinda wanted to see Brady get 5
XLVII- Ravens vs 49ers- hated everyone
XLVIII Seahawks vs Broncos- I got so tired of the constant bull crap about the Broncos being the best team of all time that I just wanted to see the Hawks handle them
XLIX Pats vs Hawks- see XLVI
L- Broncos vs Panthers- hated everyone
LI- Pats vs Falcons- Liked both teams; hated to see either lose
LII-LIII at this point I just wanted to see Brady with 6.

This is this 1st one in a long that I really have no REAL dog in, and just want to enjoy the party and a good game. But going to several Royals and Chiefs games and hanging out in KC on my down time, I would like it for the city of KC. 49ers getting their 6th would be kinda annoying, but since its been done twice before them its not a huge deal.
Wow! You have been disappointed a ton in Super Bowls. 😞

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Wow! You have been disappointed a ton in Super Bowls. 😞
Its not serious disappointment, but I do have more investment in the games than pretty much everyone I watch them with. I think the only one up there that really lingered past 24 hrs was 45. Because 1) That's my team 2) I was deployed with an obnoxious Packers fan and 3) Most Husker fans are Packers fans. So I was constantly reminded of a game that already stung badly for a whole year. I had never cheered harder for Eli Manning in my life once the Packers had to make the title defense in the divisional round the next year.

Reactions: B1GTide

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I want the Chiefs to win because they have Bama guys but I’m thinking Niners pull the slight upset (I suppose it would be)

Niners 38
Chiefs 31

Reactions: uafanataum

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
The 49ers are clearly the better team, but the question mark is if Jimmy G is ready for this moment....

Just have seen this script too many times before. Defense actually matters in the NFL, and the 49ers have probably a defense that cements it’s legacy against a great offense while the Chiefs are taught the same lesson that the Patriots taught them last year... Their defense isn’t Super Bowl good.

49ers 34
Chiefs 17

MVP Nick Bosa
Perfect post, bravo. Go niners, beat the chefs!

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I'll watch as long as it is a close/competitive game. If forced to pick it would be the Chiefs as I've never been a SF fan in anything - didn't care for Brodie, Montana was a nutter domer, and don't let me get started on Bonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.