Transfer Portal 2023-2024...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
View attachment 39031

Money can't buy success after all, can it? That "historic" recruiting class appears to be falling apart with some key players from that class leaving, and an offensive lineman from the 2023 class is also in it.
I don't think anyone with a brain didn't see this coming other than aggies fan.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
View attachment 39031

Money can't buy success after all, can it? That "historic" recruiting class appears to be falling apart with some key players from that class leaving, and an offensive lineman from the 2023 class is also in it.
Ya but you're gonna have that when replacing the head coach right? JessN even signified that in his write up for when Coach Saban inevitably retires, We'll have to deal with the same thing.

Reactions: SkullDuckery

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Ya but you're gonna have that when replacing the head coach right? JessN even signified that in his write up for when Coach Saban inevitably retires, We'll have to deal with the same thing.
Not that bad though. There's always a few players who bolt when a new coach comes in. But not like what A&M is seeing.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Jess does not know when Coach will retire. Give him 10 more years already. Nothing I have seen from him suggests the contrary as he seems to be having a ball!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It may not have been "hate" but some of the criticism was unjustified and some of it was very one-sided where what he did well would be completely ignored or even criticized. Even now some fans are still referring to Jalen's first half of the season as bad but has made "unbelievable improvement", where in reality he had a top 10-20 passer rating from the beginning of the season. He often was called a "turnover machine": He never had more than 1 int in a game except the UTx game with 2 for a total of 6 ints and 1 fumble for the year - 13 games. I.e., he was never a TO machine. He had 4 ints the first half of the reg season, 6 games.

He finished 3rd in the country in passer rating behind only Bo Nix and Jayden Daniels. He was in contention from the beginning of the year.

Even in the UTx game where he had the 2 bad ints, he twice led Alabama on TD drives in the 2nd half, one to put Alabama ahead, one when it looked like UTx was getting out of reach. Almost all of it was on his arm. Yes, the ints were bad and critical, but his responses, he and the team were obviously gamers, were a portent of things to come, yet totally ignored by his critics.

One reason he was so emotional after the SECC game was that some of his critics had said, in Jalen's words, he was not "smart enough" to play QB. Given the history of the black QB that is tough to take. I don't read everything on TF, but I don't ever remember anyone using that phrase here. Fans often claim that a QB can't read the field or something like that but that, IMO, doesn't necessarily mean the QB is not smart but that he simply does not have that special skill or the experience to read a football field. IMO, that is not a function of IQ. I think most Bama fans consider Jalen a bright and articulate young man. Of course, there are still exceptions here in Al and all across the country. Evidently there were comments made elsewhere that stated or implied this.
There's IQ and then there's football IQ. My wife has a very high IQ. However, she'd be the first to tell you that her mind doesn't reach conclusions quickly. Overall, she's right at least as much as I am, maybe more. That's the difference between a Bryce Young and a Jalen Milroe. The coaches reduced the number of reads he had to make and it made all the difference in the world, particularly with his set of legs. Personally, I love it. I'd much rather see him take off after the second read than to hang back for reads three and four and take a sack, a loss, or, worse, throw a desperation INT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads