Transfer Portal 2023-2024...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
It is not true. But he will get paid if he stays - just not nearly that much
I don’t see that either , the highest paid WR in NFL history is Hill at 30 mil, and only a handful at 25 Mil .
If boosters are paying upwards of up to $100 mm for a roster full of players, where is the money coming from for coaches salaries, stadium and infrastructure improvements that booster donations usually support?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If there were a few more restrictions on the transfer portal, I think the NIL stuff would come back to earth.
Let's start by making it: You get only 1 free transfer. Leave grad transfer the way it is (so that means you might could transfer twice).

But being able to transfer every year without sitting out a year doesn't make a bit of sense!!!

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Even regular students done transfer with level of frequency. The transfer rules need to mimic the behavior of a regular academic student.

Let's start by making it: You get only 1 free transfer. Leave grad transfer the way it is (so that means you might could transfer twice).

But being able to transfer every year without sitting out a year doesn't make a bit of sense!!!

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Even if you could get an NIL deal to pay as much as a rookie year salary you'd still be putting off your second contract for a year which is where someone like Marvin Harrison Jr would make obscene money.

And this is a job and sport where you don't play very long so putting off that contract a year could be a big deal. Basically. There is no way NIL ever truly matches the financial impact of going Pro for someone like Marvin Harrison Jr

Reactions: The Ols

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
With the way it is now, I would start recruiting older kids who are in minor league baseball. Older athletes + NIL + Scholarship paid by MLB...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads