Useful DIY VIDEOs thread.....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'm building another "shelter" structure which will be similar to a car port but much more simplistic in design because it's only temporary. I'm using 4x4's again with the Simpson Strong Tie post bases. But for one of my posts it made more sense to sink it in the ground so I used my earth auger with a 6" auger bit which is the only way to go when setting posts. Luckily I had a 10' 4x4 in my stash so I could drop it in the ground 2' and still have the 8' remainder to match the others.

IMG_1320.JPGIMG_1319.JPGIMG_1321.JPGIMG_1323.JPG

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
For anyone working on any kind of wood projects, there's some neat techniques and tools used by this craftsman. Gotta love the attention to detail!

Thanks for posting that - I learned something new. I have never even considered drilling out and doweling a hole that has been stripped out by a nail or screw to allow for secure purchase. Awesome idea that I can use in a few places in my home now.

Reactions: Bazza

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
This stuff actually works. Get the applicator that screws onto your water hose. Heavy soil may need a second application. I used to drag out my pressure washer. This stuff is easy and almost fun.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I know we have dedicated "food-recipe" forums/threads, but the format of this video is so good I wanted to post it here along with the others I think are so well done.

Great time of year for salads, too!