Bad cop; good cop stories; Part II...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Last one for now, but fear not, the bad cops won’t be done anytime soon.

Not all people of any color, including blue, are bad. I think it's important that the people who do their jobs properly be recognized, so they'll be placed here also. We won't have a "bad cop stories" only thread. If we do, it'll be closed and we'll do without one...

Reactions: seebell

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not all people of any color, including blue, are bad. I think it's important that the people who do their jobs properly be recognized, so they'll be placed here also. We won't have a "bad cop stories" only thread. If we do, it'll be closed and we'll do without one...
We had a few good police officer stories in the last thread, but they were few and far between.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Good cop story: Taking my daughter to school a few weeks ago, was in a hurry. Next thing I knew, the blue lights behind me. I figured my time was up, and I was going to get a ticket.

The officer almost seemed apologetic in reminding me that the speed zone was 35 (in an open 4 lane road leading toward farmland). Asked about my daughter's school, was vary patient as I looked for my documents.

I got a warning, but it definitely an officer doing his job in a way that wasn't confrontational.

I ended up sending an "attaboy" msg to the local police department. That's the way such a traffic stop should be done.

Bookend that with my experience in rural MN over the 4th of July a few years ago. The nicer and more compliant I was with the officer, the more of a belligerent a-hole he became. I figured it was because I was traveling thru rural MN with a kayak on top of my car, coming back from holiday, and he was working in the 100 degree heat.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
In the Daunte Wright incident, reports are the warrant was for an unpermitted pistol in an incident in June with a police officer. That's what they'll lean on to excuse the trigger-happy part. Also, they shot with a female in the car with him, which is reckless...

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH and B1GTide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.