2021 Prospect: 2021 Recruiting Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Not to be adversarial towards you B1G...
...but Nick Saban is the best in the business...and a King holds more power than a pawn đź‘‘

He may be right, but his reasoning couldn't be more wrong. If you are an edge rusher and want to be taken high in the NFL draft, you go to OSU. Period. There isn't a close second. Larry Johnson is the best in the business.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not to be adversarial towards you B1G...
...but Nick Saban is the best in the business...and a King holds more power than a pawn đź‘‘
I wouldn't hire Saban to coach my DL, but I'll gladly take him as my DC or HC.

Reactions: Con

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
He may be right, but his reasoning couldn't be more wrong. If you are an edge rusher and want to be taken high in the NFL draft, you go to OSU. Period. There isn't a close second. Larry Johnson is the best in the business.
Fair point. LJ is fantastic. But the article (loose term) didn't state is was Saban's track record at that specific position, just the defensive side of the ball. Your point still stands though.

buckeyeFB_

3rd Team
Jun 24, 2019
Dude sitting on a load of cash from his career most likely, he’s obviously good at what he coaches, why take on the added responsibility is my guess.
Yeah I think he's the type of coach who prefers the relationship/recruiting/development aspects of coaching at the college level that you don't really get in the NFL.

It also seems clear that he doesn't want to be a coordinator (and take on that extra responsibility, as you said). But what's interesting is he applied for Penn State's head coaching position twice -- 2012 and 2014. He was Penn State's DL coach from 1996-2013 before coming to OSU in 2014 after Penn State chose James Franklin over him.

Given that he was 62 when he first got to OSU, and is now 69, I think it's safe to say he'll finish his career with us and I'm honestly just hoping we get at least two more seasons with him.

Joefus

1st Team
Jan 3, 2021
The espn article made it sound like he was supposed to enroll in January but something happened with Michigan and it didn’t happen. Makes you wonder if it was grades or something with his transcript. I wouldn’t mind him coming to Bama if we could make room

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Ring Ring. Thank you for calling the Saban Inn, how can i help you. Mr Worthy, good to hear from you again sir. Oh my, it seems the room you wanted has been taken by a gentleman named earle, so sorry. As the preeminent hotel in college football we are usually booked year round. But, as i look on my computer, we do have a few rooms available this coming december. Please feel free to contact us then as to their availability. Thanks again, and have a nice day.

RiverTide

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 31, 2019
Any word or insight about Henry To’oto’o? From what I have seen it seems like Ohio State is the favorite at the moment

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
He probably waited too long to make the jump...........
I thought he was waiting for the transfer rules to be changed. Then again, I guess he could have committed and then hoped the changes to the rules would follow? Either way, I wish we would got him the first go around, and I’m still holding out hope we find someway to get him this time. He is a tremendous talent.

Reactions: The Ols

Joefus

1st Team
Jan 3, 2021
I thought he was waiting for the transfer rules to be changed. Then again, I guess he could have committed and then hoped the changes to the rules would follow? Either way, I wish we would got him the first go around, and I’m still holding out hope we find someway to get him this time. He is a tremendous talent.
I understood it as Saban told him to wait till they changed the rule. He might still be waiting on the sec to change its rule about inter conference transfers like the other leagues are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.