NCAA Portal Talk

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
It was obvious on every single replay shot. Especially the ones where they showed the camera angle from behind Bryce.

Whoever was covering him never had to break a sweat all night.
TE, his attempts at blocking were even more inexcusable. He was a dime-store balloon posing as a 230-pound tight end.
Which begs the question, why was he even in the game? Why not put in a lesser talent who would give 100%? Why not run plays that don't have the personnel groupings that require that loafer in the first place?

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Which begs the question, why was he even in the game? Why not put in a lesser talent who would give 100%? Why not run plays that don't have the personnel groupings that require that loafer in the first place?
That is the question that I have not been able to wrap my hands around. Why was he playing at all?..That game,and in reality,all year?.I mean,yea,anyone could tell he has quite a bit of physical skill and talent.And maybe a change in scenery will help him.But,to me,he seemed disinterested in ballgames and I watched him closely.

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
That is the question that I have not been able to wrap my hands around. Why was he playing at all?..That game,and in reality,all year?.I mean,yea,anyone could tell he has quite a bit of physical skill and talent.And maybe a change in scenery will help him.But,to me,he seemed disinterested in ballgames and I watched him closely.
I feel like it sends a terrible message to the rest of the TE and WR, as well as the rest of the team. Coach is basically telling the players that if you are super talented, it's okay if you have a crappy attitude and take plays off. While players behind this prima donna work their tails off during practice and he is going half speed and yet the coaches still start him.

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
I feel like it sends a terrible message to the rest of the TE and WR, as well as the rest of the team. Coach is basically telling the players that if you are super talented, it's okay if you have a crappy attitude and take plays off. While players behind this prima donna work their tails off during practice and he is going half speed and yet the coaches still start him.
I dont get it man. That kind of seems out of character with Saban.And I am sure they were convinced that could,and would,find ways to fix him.But the young man was just a shell of what I thought he was going to be.I mean if he would had a dime's worth of Miller Forristall's want-to and desire?...He would be sitting on dead-ready of a helluva bank account.

Reactions: seebell

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
C’Mon. 19 stayed in the doghouse all year. At some point, you have to think of the other players. Win a championship for the guys that did bust their butt , unfortunately or not that included playing 19. The offense was designed for an H and a Y, especially after Jamo got hurt. I don’t know what happened to Tennison, but if Ouzts didn’t get hurt, he would be mentioned with Bowers. He would have played a lot in this game. So you have to play offense with the guys available .

Reactions: The Ols

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I dont know...........maybe giving him one last chance to prove himself. I cant speak for Saban, but I know he does give second chances............but this one didnt really seem to deserve one

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
From my seat I think CNS and staff were trying to resurrect JB most of the year. He would say the right things, but as he kept dropping passes BY lost confidence and would not throw to him. That affected his output...and we saw the result the last game.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
I dont know...........maybe giving him one last chance to prove himself. I cant speak for Saban, but I know he does give second chances............but this one didnt really seem to deserve one
Probably so. And it's not like he was taking plays away from somebody more effective. It seemed like literally everybody dropped at least one pass in the game or missed a block.

Reactions: kyallie and Con

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015
Question. How "huge" is this for us? From my limited knowledge, Burton seems like a a starting level receiver. But certainly not at the level of Jameson or any of our first rd guys of the past few years. Is he at Metchie level?

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Question. How "huge" is this for us? From my limited knowledge, Burton seems like a a starting level receiver. But certainly not at the level of Jameson or any of our first rd guys of the past few years. Is he at Metchie level?
He is a great possession receiver with great hands and EXPERIENCE. Alabama needed an experienced guy at receiver.

He is not going to be JaMo - think Metchie.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
When you are already down a bunch of weapons in a must win game, what are you supposed to do? Saban isn't magic, he can't just conjure up another offensive weapon at a particular position anytime he wants.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.