2020 Prospect: 2020 Commits and Prospects

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Cool, but the recruiting rankings are what they are. FSU had a coach who, according to current players, didn't care about winning. Clemson has won 5 in a row and before that FSU won 3 in a row. If, and a big if, the new FSU coach is competent they can be compeitive with Clemson next year. My only point is it will not take 5 years for FSU to close the gap on Clemson as you suggested..
Man, I hope you`re right, because right now the ACC is a clown car of a conference. And that`s an insult to clown cars everywhere.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I`m sure there must have been some, but when was the last time we had a somewhat unexpected, pleasant surprise on or around signing days? I`m not counting flips that we`ve known about for some time. Maybe Trey Sanders?

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
The tight end looks like quite a player with some surprising speed. Would love to see him sign. For those in the know, who will most likely be included in the final few signings? How does the class end?

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
I`m sure there must have been some, but when was the last time we had a somewhat unexpected, pleasant surprise on or around signing days? I`m not counting flips that we`ve known about for some time. Maybe Trey Sanders?
Trey Sanders...he was all UGA for the weeks leading up to NSD...and even the night before....then maybe an hour before his announcement HEAVY noise started picking up for Bama. NSD surprises will become few and far between but for a good reason. Coach Saban wants the majority of the class wrapped up before or by the early signing period. Coach Saban learned a lesson from the class of 2018...where we had some key misses on NSD.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
The tight end looks like quite a player with some surprising speed. Would love to see him sign. For those in the know, who will most likely be included in the final few signings? How does the class end?
It's kind of a wait and see approach right now. Alabama is looking to see who is available....who they might go after...who they may extend late offers to...etc.
A breakdown of where things stand...
QB-DONE
RB-DONE
WR-Bama wants one more, but won't take just anybody. They love the three they have, but they need Baker to qualify (hearing it's his ACT score that needs to be higher)
TE-Brandon Frazier (look for Alabama to turn up the heat on him after the bowl game)
OL-Sedrick Van Pran (UGA commit...wavering after Sam Pittman left...he is expected to take visits in January including to Bama. Possibly Broderick Jones (UGA commit as well, but leaning towards Auburn)
DB-DONE
DL-McKinley Jackson (I would say Bama leads at this time, but his recruitment will be a roller coaster ride until he signs in February)
LB-Best LB class in the Saban era...they signed five guys who can make an impact their freshmen year...we are done right? Wrong...lol I've been hearing that Bama is looking at possibly adding one more inside guy...I was shocked when I heard this too, but the source I heard this from is the same source who told me that Ronald Williams (signed with Bama last week) had shot up Bama's DB recruiting board and they would make a big push for him when a lot of people still thought Nadab Joseph was the top DB target. A name that I have heard that Alabama will push to visit is LB Edgerrin Cooper out of Louisiana.

I am sure names will be added and maybe some dropped. Alabama is still looking and making decisions on some guys.

Last edited:

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
It's kind of a wait and see approach right now. Alabama is looking to see who is available....who they might go after...who they may extend late offers to...etc.
QB-DONE
RB-DONE
WR-Bama wants one more, but won't take just anybody. They love the three they have, but they need Baker to qualify (hearing it's his ACT score that needs to be higher)
TE-Brandon Frazier (look for Alabama to turn up the heat on him after the bowl game)
OL-Sedrick Van Pran (UGA commit...wavering after Sam Pittman left...he is expected to take visits in January including to Bama. Possibly Broderick Jones (UGA commit as well, but leaning towards Auburn)
DB-DONE
DL-McKinley Jackson (I would say Bama leads at this time, but his recruitment will be a roller coaster ride until he signs in February)
LB-Best LB class in the Saban era...they signed five guys who can make an impact their freshmen year...we are done right? Wrong...lol I've been hearing that Bama is looking at possibly adding one more inside guy...I was shocked when I heard this too, but the source I heard this from is the same source who told me that Ronald Williams (signed with Bama last week) had shot up Bama's DB recruiting board and they would make a big push for him when a lot of people still thought Nadab Joseph was the top DB target. A name that I have heard thst Alabama will push to visit is LB Edgerrin Cooper out of Louisiana.

I am sure names will be added and maybe some dropped. Alabama is still looking and making decisions on some guys.
Thanks for the updates.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
QB-DONE
RB-DONE
DB-DONE
LB-Best LB class in the Saban era...they signed five guys who can make an impact their freshmen year...we are done right? Wrong...lol I've been hearing that Bama is looking at possibly adding one more inside guy...I was shocked when I heard this too, but the source I heard this from is the same source who told me that Ronald Williams (signed with Bama last week) had shot up Bama's DB recruiting board and they would make a big push for him when a lot of people still thought Nadab Joseph was the top DB target. A name that I have heard that Alabama will push to visit is LB Edgerrin Cooper out of Louisiana.

This is a great rundown. Feel free to share any updates BHM ;)

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I know our staff is on the road working hard on recruiting but my sense is that they are working mainly on Juniors and younger players. I suspect we will finish quietly with the guys we all know about and hopefully an very nice cherry on top with Mr. Jackson.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.