2020 Prospect: 4* OT Javion Cohen Commits to Bama (flips from the Barn)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
yep just like I dont want Kate Upton lol
Do you think that Saban would want a kid who texted him to tell him that he was decommitting?

Let me answer that for you. No. Saban would tell him to hit the bricks.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Of course we wanted him. Tackle is very much a position of need.

He made it clear that his commitment was meaningless over the past month and he wanted to go elsewhere, hence Auburn choosing not to take part in any signing day drama and yanking his offer this morning.
If that’s true then that’s a warning flag. We don’t need any more entitlement-minded premadonnas.

Reactions: B1GTide

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
If that’s true then that’s a warning flag. We don’t need any more entitlement-minded premadonnas.
Not exactly rare, and it wouldn't be the first entitled kid Saban has straightened out.

I don't wish any ill upon the kid and hope he has a successful career, but at the same time I'm not particularly upset we weren't playing that game and stole his thunder.

Reactions: B1GTide

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm happy to have him but I don't think Auburn was wrong to pull the offer. It was abundantly clear he was going to play them on National Signing Day. Auburn is tired of getting goofed on like that I reckon.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
I'm happy to have him but I don't think Auburn was wrong to pull the offer. It was abundantly clear he was going to play them on National Signing Day. Auburn is tired of getting goofed on like that I reckon.
The kid wasn't going to "play" anyone...he was straight up with Auburn. He reached out to Gus directly on Sunday and let him know that he was decommitting from Auburn and committing to Alabama. Then Auburn wants to run a spin story about "dropping" him two to three days later. Alabama has been in this position before leading up to NSD and they didn't ruin a kid's moment. Classless move by Auburn...how do you drop someone or pull a scholarship when someone has already told you that they aren't coming....Lol

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
The kid wasn't going to "play" anyone...he was straight up with Auburn. He reached out to Gus directly on Sunday and let him know that he was decommitting from Auburn and committing to Alabama. Then Auburn wants to run a spin story about "dropping" him two to three days later. Alabama has been in this position before leading up to NSD and they didn't ruin a kid's moment. Classless move by Auburn...how do you drop someone or pull a scholarship when someone has already told you that they aren't coming....Lol
I can practically smell the salt lol.

Kid was still publicly committed, announced, days after his supposed talk with Gus, a signing ceremony where we know for a fact he isn't signing for Auburn and was just setting us up for a dramatic ENSD flip. In addition to that, he's been bashing us on social media for months.

Thanks but no thanks. No NLI for you.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads