Dylan Moses Returning

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Imagine him at LSU? :oops:
I thought about that, then figured Mac would have other options, and just wouldn’t go there.

He’s graduated, though, so Saban has no say on where he goes. Man, if it did fall out that way, we’d hear O’s Yaw-Yaws clear from Baton Rouge to Tuscaloosa.

Of course, it’s all moot if Tua (1) leaves, or (2) comes back purely to rehab, not play. In either of those cases, Mac is the presumptive starter, and a pretty dang good one.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I thought about that, then figured Mac would have other options, and just wouldn’t go there.

He’s graduated, though, so Saban has no say on where he goes. Man, if it did fall out that way, we’d hear O’s Yaw-Yaws clear from Baton Rouge to Tuscaloosa.

Of course, it’s all moot if Tua (1) leaves, or (2) comes back purely to rehab, not play. In either of those cases, Mac is the presumptive starter, and a pretty dang good one.
I know things could change, but Mac has already said he is staying and going to Graduate School. He knew there was a possibility of Tua coming back, but he still said that. I think he loves Bama, the team, and his teammates. I think he stays next year, but may leave the year after that. He has 2 years left. He could be like Jalen and stay one year, then leave and play somewhere else for a year. If he does go elsewhere, I hope it is not in the SEC West.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know things could change, but Mac has already said he is staying and going to Graduate School. He knew there was a possibility of Tua coming back, but he still said that. I think he loves Bama, the team, and his teammates. I think he stays next year, but may leave the year after that. He has 2 years left. He could be like Jalen and stay one year, then leave and play somewhere else for a year. If he does go elsewhere, I hope it is not in the SEC West.
Not sure that he can be held to that if Tua returns and is healthy.

Reactions: The Ols

VernonTider

Scout Team
Nov 9, 2019
I hope Tua heads to the league and Mac wears it out next year while Young gets a lot of reps, too.
I guess I'm stupid; I don't understand this.

I THINK Tua should go to the NFL. If I were his dad, I would ADVISE him to go to the NFL. But if the kid wants to return, has insurance and is comfortable returning, why on God's green earth would we not want him back? I'm not trying to be selfish, I'm really not. But I'm in no hurry to push Tua out the door, even though I really do think that seems to be what's best for him.

Seems like Moses is making a great decision to come back. If we can get the band back together, so to speak, I can't root against that. I guess I just don't have the fixation for Mac that a lot of y'all have. Maybe I'm missing something. I don't think Mac is bad, far from it. I just think Tua is the most talented quarterback we've ever had, and that's saying something. I'm not trying to double speak.

I also don't see Mac as the second coming of Joe Burrow. I promise I'm not trying to be overly critical. If Mac is our starter, I will be satisfied and I think he will do fine. But Tua returning is bad? Somebody educate me.

Reactions: volhater80

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I guess I'm stupid; I don't understand this.

I THINK Tua should go to the NFL. If I were his dad, I would ADVISE him to go to the NFL. But if the kid wants to return, has insurance and is comfortable returning, why on God's green earth would we not want him back? I'm not trying to be selfish, I'm really not. But I'm in no hurry to push Tua out the door, even though I really do think that seems to be what's best for him.

Seems like Moses is making a great decision to come back. If we can get the band back together, so to speak, I can't root against that. I guess I just don't have the fixation for Mac that a lot of y'all have. Maybe I'm missing something. I don't think Mac is bad, far from it. I just think Tua is the most talented quarterback we've ever had, and that's saying something. I'm not trying to double speak.

I also don't see Mac as the second coming of Joe Burrow. I promise I'm not trying to be overly critical. If Mac is our starter, I will be satisfied and I think he will do fine. But Tua returning is bad? Somebody educate me.
Hahaha, no, I'm not saying I wouldn't want him back. It just seems best for him to go. I have a lot of faith that Mac Jones and Young can get it done. I also think Lia and Tyson can be solid QBs, but that position just doesn't get to rotate players like others do.

Reactions: VernonTider

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
No inside knowledge here whatsoever....but if Tua returns, I would be shocked beyond words if Mac didn’t transfer. And I wouldn’t blame him a bit.

He’s proven himself a good college QB, and would start for all but a select few teams. Unfortunately for him, Alabama with a healthy Tua would be one of those few teams.

Yet another transfer for OU (assuming, of course, that Riley isn’t in Dallas by the end of the week)? If not there, UTw would be an option. tOSU? Florida, maybe?
Going to OU would put Rattler in a bad spot

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Off topic a bit, but does anyone know much about the Fox Sports writer or reporter Aaron Torres? I don't know much about him, but saw on another site that he has tweeted this:
" Can't share too many details just yet, but I'm hearing we could get some MASSIVE college football news in the next 24 hours. Stay tuned."

I don't think he would be referring to Tua, though that is huge news in some regards. I think he may be referring to either Lincoln Riley to the NFL or maybe Urban Myer to college or NFL. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: Con

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Off topic a bit, but does anyone know much about the Fox Sports writer or reporter Aaron Torres? I don't know much about him, but saw on another site that he has tweeted this:
" Can't share too many details just yet, but I'm hearing we could get some MASSIVE college football news in the next 24 hours. Stay tuned."

I don't think he would be referring to Tua, though that is huge news in some regards. I think he may be referring to either Lincoln Riley to the NFL or maybe Urban Myer to college or NFL. Just my thoughts.
MASSIVE! Like, probably not.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Dylan Moses RETURNING is GREAT news for Bama. I look forward to seeing him play next year. I do think he was the missing ingredient to our being in the CFP this year.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

Yeah, I saw that, and some are even speculating that it could CFP expansion.

Reactions: Saban4Ever

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.