Link: Former Bama OC O'Brien Suggested QB Milroe Changed Position

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Video game coordinators is what I call them. I have seen them in my work. They can talk up a storm, word salad you into asking for mercy, but cant get anyone to follow their lead.

Another thing: Steele “connects” with players. They “get him”, love him and will run through a wall for him.
I’m not so sure Gol*ing was ever to make that connection. Teaching is one thing. Having the ability help the player process those teachings to where it becomes “automatic” for them is another. Steele seems able to do this.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Golding would always let us down when it looked like he was about to turn a corner or when we needed him the most. I honestly think he stuck around so long because he kept fooling Saban into thinking he was about to turn a corner and become the DC Saban always wanted him to be. The blown coverages and poor tackling would just make me sick.

Steele is almost the complete opposite. Our guys under him seem to always make a play when we needed them to the most. I had post Golding traumatic stress disorder this season. I don't know how many times in 2023 I conceded a score on a drive mentally only for our guys to make a crucial play to stall a drive, hold them to a field goal in the red zone, or get a 3rd or 4th down and short stop.
If you listen to the Ole Siss fans, Golding is a far better DC than we gave him credit for.....................they will even tell you that Ole Miss had a better defense than Bama...........which we all know isnt the case

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
If you listen to the Ole Siss fans, Golding is a far better DC than we gave him credit for.....................they will even tell you that Ole Miss had a better defense than Bama...........which we all know isnt the case
Against LSU, A&M, and Georgia. They gave up 49, 35, and 52 points.
Against those teams Alabama gave up 28, 20, and 24 points.
They better get used to these kind of point totals in big games.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Video game coordinators is what I call them. I have seen them in my work. They can talk up a storm, word salad you into asking for mercy, but cant get anyone to follow their lead.
As I’ve said before, “Those that can, do. Those that can’t, teach. And those that can’t teach, become the defensive coordinator at Ole Miss”.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
O'Brien gets partial credit for putting fire in Milroe's belly, I'll give him that. But most everybody also thought QB was not his best position. There's probably dozens or more players every year who might be great QB's if paired up with the right QB whisperer or system, but are playing other positions.

More than anything, O'Brien had no idea how to call an offense that Milroe could be successful in, and had never tried it successfully, to my knowledge. He was 100% brought in to call an offense for Bryce, then leave. Milroe was not in the same zipcode as Bryce last year. We all watched. He wasn't much better early this season.

Reactions: dathbama

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I've said it before, but BOB, IMO, has cost Mac his career also. Mac gets traded this year, probably for a backup position. I don't even watch the Pats anymore...
The problem is that Belichick never did Mac any favors last year by having a DC as his OC and not beefing up the offense.

BoB has basically lived off of his few years with Brady and it’s convinced many that he is responsible for Brady’s transition from great quarterback to elite status.

Mac’s career was probably over the second he was drafted to a team that has one of the worst rosters in football with a coach that seriously believes a good team in 2000 is the same as a good team in 2023

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.