OC and DC replacement discussion

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Pruitt will be named DC at Bama next week. No later than Tuesday, January 31 - but could be as early as tomorrow. Bank on it.
JP isn't coming back any time soon - if at all. His case hasn't even been adjudicated yet by NCAA - which takes years. Don't hold your breath.

Just my opinion - BoB will be in NFL within the next few weeks. Golding is not going anywhere. Saban would never have praised him last month if he Golding was about to be dumped.

And folks - this isn't my opinion - it is a fact - *IF* - Golding leaves this year the replacement will NOT be Pruitt or Demeco. Those options are pure nonsense. WILL NOT HAPPEN.
Jeremy Pruitt will not coach in the SEC - anywhere - until the UT case is adjudicated and finalized by the NCAA. Take that to the bank. Given how slow things go at NCAA it could be years.
For those who fantasize about hiring Pruitt - when will it happen? The job has been open for a week now, and JP is unemployed.

The dumbest thing I've seen on this topic is some clown said he read on another forum that "Pruitt has been cleared by the NCAA". Ignorance and stupidity. JP won't be Bama's next DC. It will not happen.
It won't be Pruitt.

You sure did make a lot of definitive declarations including insulting others along the way to then turn around and declare the opposite.

I couldn't be like this.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Wanna know why I pay ZERO attention to recruiting?

Because "Billy Ray gone come to Alabama and set AAAAWWWLLL de records..."
Interestingly it was Billy Ray and Jeff Dunn that were two of the top rated QB’s in the nation but there was a guy from Hamilton, AL that was pretty much a a “second” thought that ended up being the most successful of the three QB’s signed that year.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Same tune - fact based - but the information I've received - from the same source - has changed. It has been quality info all along. There was a significant change in direction earlier today. He's our next DC.
“Fact based”? You’ve been wrong time after time dude…

Look, I want Pruitt as our DC but don’t pretend to be more informed than anyone else on this board, which is to say not at all.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Interestingly it was Billy Ray and Jeff Dunn that were two of the top rated QB’s in the nation but there was a guy from Hamilton, AL that was pretty much a a “second” thought that ended up being the most successful of the three QB’s signed that year.
I remember reading an article back then that said if anything happened to Dunn Bama's offense was in serious trouble. That lanky QB that looked like the wind would blow him away did very well. Hats off to Gary Hollingsworth.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well as I said. Anyone taking a bet with Hoops is a fool. Because he is going to change it to “ well it changed a few hours ago” or something similar to act like he is an insider. Y’all ought to ask him how his “sources” got it so wrong about one of our softball girls winding up in Stillwater at one of the country’s premier softball programs like most of us with actual sources predicted she was, but him being the guy who said we were so wrong because his sources were so sure that she was going to Tampa Florida until the very last hour before she transferred. Ace pitchers in softball don’t go to Mickey Mouse G5 leagues for their final years of eligibility.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
Same tune - fact based - but the information I've received - from the same source - has changed. It has been quality info all along. There was a significant change in direction earlier today. He's our next DC.
Seems like said with a little humility might make it a bit easier to believe. Hope it's true but like most on here, will just wait and see.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
So, I am confused...bewildered...mortified...and high on chemo drugs. Can someone sort this out? Is JP coming or not? Don't get our hopes up just yet...
That depends on the day of the week, and how someone is feeling on that particular day

Pruitt will not be the next DC at Bama..................bank on him signing the agreement by the first of next week in Tuscaloosa

• Smash Keyboard
Reactions: Padreruf

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.