Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread - Bama vs. Vandy...

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Every time I think this team has turned a corner - we have a night like tonight. Insert bad words of your choice, smh...

BamaBooey

Scout Team
Jan 29, 2020
Good news is, if there is good news, all of our best players should be returning next year. Yes, I do think Kira will be back. No inside info

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
No words to describe this.. A game they absolutely could not lose and did on their own court at that. Looking like another L Saturday, one and done in the conference tournament and if tonight is any indication likely one and done in the NIT. Man we need to get this fixed.

GboyBama

3rd Team
May 7, 2010
Mobile, AL
Winning the games we thought were gimmies at Coleman might have yielded a decent NCAA seed for this team. We faceplanted too many times against bad competition.

Reactions: teamplayer

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
It is unexplainable. The lack of effort at times when they need it the most is appalling . You can tell when the game starts if they have the right mindset. And tonight there was a loose ball in the first half right in front of Herb Jones and he did not even move, he just stood there and watched it roll. I knew then we were in trouble. Even he did not bring it tonight. And you could see Oats chewing him out in the next timeout. This team does not understand they have to bring max effort at all times. They cannot coast. But it has not sunk in. They have no toughness on the defensive end at all. I hope that does not become a trend for Oats’ teams. They just lost to a team at home who was 1-35 in their last 36 SEC games and had lost 17 in a row on the road in the conference. Embarrassing!

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Ummmm ... no RTR tonight :) I kidd I kidd

Seriously though, I haven't able to watch the game as of yet. I wish I could say I'm surprised by the outcome but this is honestly par for the course for this season. I'm sue they took Vandy for granted and Vandy reminded them ... like all competitors, they were looking for a win too.

I just found this AL.com article ... its a good read but to sum it up, coach is not happy. I was thinking we would be better next season with most of the guys coming back but unless some attitudes change like he's eluding to in the article, I won't be surprised to see a couple of guys being asked to leave.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Ummmm ... no RTR tonight :) I kidd I kidd

Seriously though, I haven't able to watch the game as of yet. I wish I could say I'm surprised by the outcome but this is honestly par for the course for this season. I'm sue they took Vandy for granted and Vandy reminded them ... like all competitors, they were looking for a win too.

I just found this AL.com article ... its a good read but to sum it up, coach is not happy. I was thinking we would be better next season with most of the guys coming back but unless some attitudes change like he's eluding to in the article, I won't be surprised to see a couple of guys being asked to leave.
Scaithing review from Coach Oats. Like I said, fix it now or fix it in the off season. If people have to leave then don't let the door hit you...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Still not discouraged. Herb with one hand and no Petty. In spite of Alex Reese’s best, we are still competitive. Future is bright.
Side note, will the new guys in S&C have any impact on basketball?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Forgot to hit record before I headed out for a dinner/function last night. Based on the reports, it wouldn't have been worth watching.

Sounds like Vandy shot the lights out and perhaps they were motivated by the tornado damage to play for their city. Sounds like we also had one of those nights we didn't show up to play (effort wise). Unfortunately, this has become the norm for this team. They'll play above their head for a few games and then lay an egg against teams they could beat if they play with effort.

Perhaps I'd be "hotter" about this if I had seen the effort, but I'd caution everyone to slow down and realize CNO is still in the process of reshaping this team's psyche and so far when they've responded, that's been the difference. Last year we thought it was because we didn't have talent/scorers, but absent Shackelford, he's taken a team that regularly scored in the 60's last year and now they are the 3rd highest scoring team in the nation.

So, overall, I'd say CNO is right on track to making an impact. Give him a couple of recruiting cycles and another year to affect attitudes and we ought to still be very excited about what will happen in our B-ball program.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Still not discouraged. Herb with one hand and no Petty. In spite of Alex Reese’s best, we are still competitive. Future is bright.
Side note, will the new guys in S&C have any impact on basketball?
I saw a clip on twitter where Oats is miked during a TO. He yells at someone that they're playing soft as, uh, let's say excrement, and that he only thinks of his self. The sentiment in the thread was that it was directed at Reese.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.