Spring Practice Predictions

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Practice starts Friday. It'll be good to have some on-field, Bama football news again that will end with a Bama victory.

What are your predictions other than some eating beans and others eating steak? What returning players are you expecting to make a move? What new players?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
This spring is all about defensive improvement for me. The offense will be great.
While that would be great to see in the A-day game, to me spring football is mostly about individual players showing they are ready for fall football.

And, if the defense dominates the spring game, we'll have a summer full of fret over potential offensive struggles next year.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
I’m interested to see if Evan Neal moves out to right tackle and then who occupies LG.

Will the freshman OLBs challenge Chris Allen and King for a starting role? Will Anderson will have a hard time staying off the field especially on 3rd down.

Reactions: Con and BamaMoon

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I expect we will see the beginnings of an Offensive Powerhouse.
I expect a mad scramble at the Quarterback position. Running Backs will be improved and stable.
Our Defense will need a little while for the young guys to jell.
I expect a freshman to step forward and join our best receivers.

I expect great things in general.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Offensively I expect continued stability with most of the drama being among the receivers fighting for the open slots. I don't expect them to push Trey Sanders yet on his repaired foot. Bryce Young could add interest but I'm not expecting him to overtake Jones, it will just be interesting to see how he does against the other backups.

The OL battles will be pretty important because we lose three starters next year and those behind them are going to be the next men up.

Most of the drama I expect on defense with perhaps 2 guys on the whole dang defense that I'd risk money on them being the starter. In my opinion we need to truly, and I mean this to the depths of my soul start over on defense. They always say there are no starters but I think we really do have no starters. We might by the end of spring but I hope to heck they have to earn it. Last years defense was in my opinion the single worst defense in my lifetime. Dubose's defenses were better. I would never have believed it from Nick Saban. I would ask how he sleeps at night after that but he probably doesn't.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Care to expand what that might look like? Do you think sentence #1 is true regardless of who wins the QB race?
I really like Mac and I think he can lead a very explosive offense in the Fall. But if Bryce overtakes him somewhere before we kick off against USC then I think we are going to have an offensive juggernaut like has rarely been seen before including the Tua tenure.

Reactions: Con

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
Since we've been talking indirectly about special teams in the guy CNS didn't hire to coach that position, Special teams has got my interest this year. I'm curious about the other hip injury to affect our team last year in the recovery of Will Reichard and hoping against hope we can get a guy that can hit the 30-40 yarders consistently, as those are the ones that are costing us games/championships.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAllday and The Ols

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
People need to pump their brakes on Bryce......
What's been said that is unrealistic???

Can you explain why people should NOT be excited about such a talented player (one of the top QBs in last year's recruiting cycle) that has eerie similarities to Tua???

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Offensively I expect continued stability with most of the drama being among the receivers fighting for the open slots. I don't expect them to push Trey Sanders yet on his repaired foot. Bryce Young could add interest but I'm not expecting him to overtake Jones, it will just be interesting to see how he does against the other backups.

The OL battles will be pretty important because we lose three starters next year and those behind them are going to be the next men up.

Most of the drama I expect on defense with perhaps 2 guys on the whole dang defense that I'd risk money on them being the starter. In my opinion we need to truly, and I mean this to the depths of my soul start over on defense. They always say there are no starters but I think we really do have no starters. We might by the end of spring but I hope to heck they have to earn it. Last years defense was in my opinion the single worst defense in my lifetime. Dubose's defenses were better. I would never have believed it from Nick Saban. I would ask how he sleeps at night after that but he probably doesn't.
I think you can pencil in Dylan Moses and Patrick Surtain and other than that it should be a fight for every other position. We were not very good on D last year and we all know the main reason why. I expect big improvements if Mr. Moses stays healthy.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Mac Jones. I am excited big time about Bryce but not sure he can beat out Mac.
I'm not either. One poster said the same but that if BY does overtake him...watch out. What's unrealistic about that?

I think the general feeling is we'll be very good with Mac, but if for some reason BY wins significant playing time it will not be because MJ fails but because BY is so dynamic the staff can't keep him off the field.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm really excited about seeing how the running backs respond. Such a talented backfield but only so many touches to go around, even if we pass less than the last couple of years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.