Spring Practice Thread/News/Predictions

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Player to watch:

Both offensive tackle spots are up for grabs this spring, but it does appear that the 6'7" 320 lb redshirt freshman Wilkin Formby has solidified himself at the right tackle spot, at least for the spring. He's been rotating with Miles McVay. But let's see how he holds up against a fearsome Alabama pass rush.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Coach putting him in for that kneel down in the NCG is one of my all-time favorite moments in sports…
I'm in a house full of Eagles fans, and Landon is a perfect fit for that team and that town.

His comment about buying a new lawnmower with his $50mm guarantee was about enough for them to erect a statue in his honor.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I'm in a house full of Eagles fans, and Landon is a perfect fit for that team and that town.

His comment about buying a new lawnmower with his $50mm guarantee was about enough for them to erect a statue in his honor.
Dickerson was a joy to have around. He was vicious but still played the game with joy. I still remember the time he flopped trying to draw a penalty from someone. He was not even close to pulling it off but it was obvious he loved playing the game, not just the game game, but the game within the game.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

One of the most underrated quotes in recent years IMO.

Probably tongue and cheek but remember the bumper on his truck at Bama???

He's just a pure country boy who knows where he's from living the life of Riley!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Has CKD released any info about how he'll run his spring game? Traditional type game (albeit stupid mock kick offs?1s vs. 1s? etc.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Has CKD released any info about how he'll run his spring game? Traditional type game (albeit stupid mock kick offs?1s vs. 1s? etc.
I haven't seen anything confirmed. Apparently at Washington they just had O vs D and rotated guys in and out. But I think they are trying to keep some Saban stuff so I kind of expect it to be a similar format to the Saban years.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I haven't seen anything confirmed. Apparently at Washington they just had O vs D and rotated guys in and out. But I think they are trying to keep some Saban stuff so I kind of expect it to be a similar format to the Saban years.
For the life of me, I never figured out the yellow head covering kickoff return teams that just ran down the field.

It looked like the 3rd and 4th stringer and walk-ons who did it.

I understand why they don't do live kickoffs, but that just seemed a waste of time and effort when you could spend more time focusing on the O and D.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

jjv0004

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Player to watch:

Both offensive tackle spots are up for grabs this spring, but it does appear that the 6'7" 320 lb redshirt freshman Wilkin Formby has solidified himself at the right tackle spot, at least for the spring. He's been rotating with Miles McVay. But let's see how he holds up against a fearsome Alabama pass rush.
If this is the case I cannot imagine that Elijah Pritchett does not hit the portal. Came in as the 34th ranked recruit in the country a few years ago and cannot sniff the field.

Joefus

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2021
If this is the case I cannot imagine that Elijah Pritchett does not hit the portal. Came in as the 34th ranked recruit in the country a few years ago and cannot sniff the field.
I think he was all locked and loaded to leave when he entered the portal before but then decided to stay after the legal troubles. Hard to transfer with that hanging over your head

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
Player to watch:

LT Overton transferred over from Texas A&M, and already feels like a perfect fit for Kane Wommack’s DL position. Overton has had a good spring and should make some plays on Saturday afternoon.
I will forever read his name as him playing left tackle only to be then confused why we’re talking about him playing for Wommack and the defense only to then remember his name is LT… 🤦‍♂️

I can’t tell you guys how many times I’ve done this already.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
One of the most underrated quotes in recent years IMO.

Probably tongue and cheek but remember the bumper on his truck at Bama???

He's just a pure country boy who knows where he's from living the life of Riley!
He's also a really amiable guy. He has a really fun relationship with the press.

He's a really genuine guy.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Sheridan yesterday said it would be rin like the last scrimmage. So I have no idea what that could mean. Anyone at the scrimmage may can elaborate.
They rotated Qb's against the Defenses. Just Offense vs. Defense the whole time sprinkled with some special teams work. Not like a split the teams up play a real game.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads