Link: The ESPN way too early top 25 for 2021

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Only Bama (#8), Arkansas (#12) and Kentucky (#19) listed. Weird seeing St. Bonaventure ahead of UNC and UK. I'm sure Bob Lanier is proud.
I thought the same lol
But they should be returning everyone I think so it makes sense. It seems like the would gave ranked us higher if it wasnt for the unknowns in the front court. Cant replace the leadership but we may be more talented. If we land Bediako then we are a legit top 5 team imo.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I like this one better.

1. Alabama (26-7): The Crimson Tide put down a marker this year on how it intends to play moving forward: Lots of three-pointers, a fast pace and a stingy defense. Do John Petty Jr. and Herbert Jones come back for another run? What impact does top-10 freshman JD Davison have in a backcourt with holdovers Jahvon Quinerly and Jaden Shackelford? At this point, Alabama might be in line to have more answers than anybody.
2. Gonzaga (31-1): The roster changes, but the Zags remain an elite team.

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
We should be near top but lot can change with so many high schoolers still unsigned then free transfer rule and possible seniors returning to some teams. I think Gonzaga is the number 1 in first polls if Holmgram goes there and Walker Kessler from UNC transfers there that would be great frontcourt for them with lots of size.

Reactions: bamadwain

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
2021-22 will be the time to show that it possible for an Alabama team to start high and stay high. Will be fun to watch.
This made me think of a Phil Dunphy quote. It's in reference to the mustache he's sporting on a billboard ad.

PHIL: Do people want their real estate advice from someone who leads or someone who follows? I'm betting' these babies are coming back in a big way. Buy low, sell high. People are going to look at this and say, "That guy's high."

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This is surreal! And the crazy thing is I think the "experts" might be selling us short!
Now if we could just fix the refereeing in the sport, I might have 2 legit sports to get excited about.

Summer will still just have to be a long dredge through the doldrums. I guess I could start going outside and seeing nature that time of the year instead of being a hermit.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
So with the addition of Bediako and Burnett ... this team should be poised to be a possible Final Four team in 21. I think when the adjusted polls come out, we should be ranked firmly in the top 5. This is just unreal, its starting to feel now like we could have a similar run as the 2009 football season..

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
So with the addition of Bediako and Burnett ... this team should be poised to be a possible Final Four team in 21. I think when the adjusted polls come out, we should be ranked firmly in the top 5. This is just unreal, its starting to feel now like we could have a similar run as the 2009 football season..
Makes you wonder if the guys doing the early poll at the Washington Post may have known something. 😀

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
That's what I'm thinking too.

We've NEVER had a lineup this stacked with talent before and specifically picked to place within a firmly established system.

I mean our 1st five off the bench would be a Tournament team right now!!!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.