Transfer Portal 2023-24, v2

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Maybe, my memory has gotten bad, but didn't we win the SEC last year and didn't we come within a few plays of winning the National Championship? I know a lot of teams would like a QB that helped to accomplish that even with some deficiencies. I have been high on Simpson since he has been here. I think he will do an excellent job. I have to think that DeBoer and his OC will start the QB they think gives the team the best chance to win. Right now the biggest concern is the Oline. Lets us hope that it gets straightened out and the QB play should improve all the way around.
No

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015
We...did...not...play...for...the...National...Championship, period. Simply making the playoffs is not the same thing as "a few plays away from winning the National Championship".
Technically you’re right, of course. However, Bama was leading Michigan with a. a couple mins left in regulation before losing in OT. Washington meanwhile was far less competitive losing by 3 TDs….. So it’s not a stretch to say Bama came pretty close to winning the title.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Technically you’re right, of course. However, Bama was leading Michigan with a. a couple mins left in regulation before losing in OT. Washington meanwhile was far less competitive losing by 3 TDs….. So it’s not a stretch to say Bama came pretty close to winning the title.
I suppose the 2014 team "came within a few plays of winning the National Championship" too?

Reactions: jjv0004 and TD7

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
OK....with the news of Graham Nicholson's transfer to Tuscaloosa, I'm re-opening this thread.
I saw an alert that Bama signed an "award winning kicker" and then thought to myself "Well, he won't win any awards if he comes to Bama". The disrespect Will Reichard got in his career was criminal. It's not just him though. IIRC, JK Scott was robbed of the Ray Guy award over and over. That being said, this is a YUGE pickup.

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
I saw an alert that Bama signed an "award winning kicker" and then thought to myself "Well, he won't win any awards if he comes to Bama". The disrespect Will Reichard got in his career was criminal. It's not just him though. IIRC, JK Scott was robbed of the Ray Guy award over and over. That being said, this is a YUGE pickup.
Scott not getting the Guy award was a travesty of justice. He's the only punter I've ever considered a weapon on the college level. That guy would flip field position every time. Is he still with the Packers?

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Scott not getting the Guy award was a travesty of justice. He's the only punter I've ever considered a weapon on the college level. That guy would flip field position every time. Is he still with the Packers?
Wiki states he's been with the Chargers since '22. And YES, it was pathetic he never won the Ray Guy. He was definitely the most dominant punter in CFB during his time.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Not saying this young man is not good, he won the big award, but kicking against Akron, Toledo, etc. is different than in front of 100,000 screaming hillbillies or in death valley, but he is better than we have

Reactions: Con

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
Not saying this young man is not good, he won the big award, but kicking against Akron, Toledo, etc. is different than in front of 100,000 screaming hillbillies or in death valley, but he is better than we have
That's true, but if the leg talent is there the coaches can work on the mental side with him, and he will have some warm up opportunities before hitting the meat of the schedule.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.