2020 Prospect: 2020 Commits and Prospects

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
From Rivals the other day about which recruit each evaluator pushed for the most that will make them look smart down the road.

Mike Farrell (National): DT
Timothy Smith
is a guy I pushed for near the end and I honestly think he’s a five star caliber talent so I’m excited to see how his career plays out. Pass-rushing D-tackles are hard to find and he’s going to be a great one.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
My assumption is that Coach thinks we need Tucker, even though we have a stable of TE's. I am hoping that Billingsley can turn into another Irv Smith, and we know Forrestal can play when healthy. We signed one TE but we must think that Tucker is a missing piece we need. I honestly believe that our 2020 roster is going to be deeper and just as talented as 2019. My feeling is that Coach is setting this roster up for his last few years.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
My assumption is that Coach thinks we need Tucker, even though we have a stable of TE's. I am hoping that Billingsley can turn into another Irv Smith, and we know Forrestal can play when healthy. We signed one TE but we must think that Tucker is a missing piece we need. I honestly believe that our 2020 roster is going to be deeper and just as talented as 2019. My feeling is that Coach is setting this roster up for his last few years.
I love having older, experienced players on the roster. Greg Dieter is a good example. Came in and played inspirational ball - great in the locker room. Playing in the Superbowl on Sunday.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
PFF had him 1st team ALL ACC for 2018. he is a great blocker something we lacked out of the position. Billingsley is a superstar pass catcher but not run blocking. (he's kind of like Pitts)
We need a good blocking TE so Owens and Randolph who were playing TE late in the season can concentrate on being OL.

Reactions: B1GTide

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I have a question that I don't think deserves its own thread. How in the world is Clemson/Dabo able to use the "no more visits after you commit" line and not lose hardly any of their recruits yet continue to rack up the 5 stars? Does Saban use this method as well? I know several years back he said about one recruit "If you shop we shop." But I know or I've read that Dabo's "rule" is once you commit you're visits and recruitment are over.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I wish we weren't going after Tucker, because I want to see what Amo, Latu and Billingsley can do this spring.
I could be wrong but my understanding is that Tucker doesn’t plan to enroll until the summer (maybe Jam or Jack or those more closely following it could comment).

If that is truly the case then those on scholarship at present should get plenty of opportunities this spring.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I have a question that I don't think deserves its own thread. How in the world is Clemson/Dabo able to use the "no more visits after you commit" line and not lose hardly any of their recruits yet continue to rack up the 5 stars? Does Saban use this method as well? I know several years back he said about one recruit "If you shop we shop." But I know or I've read that Dabo's "rule" is once you commit you're visits and recruitment are over.
most of his big recruits are from the immediate surroundings. Flowe wouldn't commit to them so they went after Simpson

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm excited about this incoming class. Here's to hoping they develop into the type players the 4 and 5 stars indicate they can be. We don't need many misses at the LB and DL positions we've recruited. Here's to also hoping the youngsters that were forced into playing time this past season greatly benefit from it for the 2020 season. We need to go on another championship run before Saban hangs it up.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.