National Transfer Portal news

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
As a former center (LOL) let me say that the cerebral is just about as important as the physical...yes, you have to be big and strong (I wasn't) but you also have to make the correct blocking calls. The entire OL depends upon that...which is what seemed to separate Dalcourt and McLaughlin. We've been spoiled by having great centers for the last 15 years or so....
did you wear a leather helmet and moleskin pants when you played? :)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Going into the playoff, the participating teams will never have as many in the portal as those that didn’t make it. Let’s see what happens after the CFP is over.

I still think it’ll be fewer players transferring for them — people tend to want to stay with a winner — but it might be a bit early to evaluate the fact that the four CFP teams currently have 5 total players in the portal. They’ll have more…the question is how many more.
Very true!

When does the Portal close...? :unsure:

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
With the nil, transfer portal, 12 team playoff coming the ever changing landscape of college football is really something to witness and experience.

As many of us in here have said in the past, money changes everything. Some good and some bad.

Going to wait for a bit until I fully decide.

RTR

Reactions: Tidelines

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Help me if I am wrong, but since the whole portal thing really took off, I count only 2 portals who really panned out for us - Jameson Williams, and JahMyr Gibbs.

Who am I missing? One might say Burton, but to me he never developed into a go to WR and that's what we needed. Harrell never played. Ricks never played until very late in the year.

On the flip side though, I'm not sure any of our portal-outs have made a large impact at their destinations either.
Drew Sanders says "Hello!"... :cool:

Reactions: Bhammer

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
Drew Sanders says "Hello!"... :cool:
Dickerson and to’to’o were 2 that are/were very positive for us. Most of those that have left us, with the exception of drew sanders, talia, and kamara, possibly before portal, none have really panned out or excelled for their new teams.

*sorry meant to respond to tideengineer08

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Very true!

Good question. I don’t think it ever closes.

For other reasons, there might be some seasonality in activity — end of season, end of spring ball, end of fall camp, etc. But those strike me as more related to players realizing where they sit on the depth chart / potential for playing time.

Reactions: editder

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I think the portal should be a lottery. You can enter if you want, but you have no choice where you go. You will be assigned by a random drawing and you have to play for a minimum of 1 year at your new school.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Very true!

Heard on JOX there were windows now. Found this:

The new rule creates two transfer portal windows in college football and other sports:

• 45 days "beginning the day following the championship selection," and
  • a 15 day period in the first two weeks of May at the end of spring practice, May 1-15
  • the two windows last a total of 60 days
  • "Reasonable accommodations" will be made for players in FBS and FCS national championship games
The new transfer portal windows will go into effect in time for the 2022-23 college football season.

• Thank You
Reactions: 4Q Basket Case

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
The portal is not the panacea that players think...only about 50% actually find another school...many give up scholarships too. Its more of a lottery than a certainty of success

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.