Simeon Castille Update:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Those remarks made by the cops do not surprise me. And if Simeon and company were just playing around, there's no doubt his friends backed him up on this There was no reason to make an arrest on this. They just wanted to make a story. Jerks. Yet another reason to hate police.
Read again. The others stayed out of the situation to keep from joining Simeon in a free ride to the station.

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
I trust this information more than what I read on other forums and see no reason not to post it to calm everyone down. This is from someone who was right there, not a block away, not inside the club while this happened outside and not from someone who had just left but someone "right there".

Simeon and Rashad were at a club with their girlfriends. As they were all leaving Simeon and Rashad were wrestling with and trying to pull BJ and Caldwell out of a car. Simeon was pretty loud and two cops came running up and grabbed him. They cuffed him and pulled his wallet out and while Simeon was trying to tell them he was only playing. The cop with the wallet looked at the other cop and said sarcastically "should we call the coach"? The informant said the other cop stated "nah, let him find out through the newspaper." They arrested him for disorderly conduct. None of the other players or girlfriends, who were all black, wanted to talk to the cops, both white, for fear of being arrested too. So Simeon was carried off to jail and held for about four hours.
Oh, well, I understand. It wasnt that long ago I was that age and have done worse that I wouldnt have considered worthy of being arrested. Maybe these guys need a curfue for their own safety. Its sad when these young men need to be protected from someone thats supposed to be protecting them. :rolleyes:

To further add to this...

I wouldn't look for anything to happen to Castille. There are legitimate run-ins with the law, and then there is this. Infer from that comment whatever you like.
As if I had any doubts about this report before, I wouldnt now. :biggrin2: It still doesnt make it suck any less. :(

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
It's either gonna be negative on the school or negative on the City either way it's bad press for all involved.
Absolutely. It doesnt matter either way what actually happened, all our rivals have already formed an opinion of the matter and will assume that even if the TPD announces they made a mistake that there must have been some hundred dollar handshakes going around. Unfortunately, some in the Bama family may never be convinced different. Its really sad on a good many of the forums how they'd like the punishment to be anywhere from extremely severe to unheard of severity.

crimson_blood

All-American
Jul 22, 2006
Helena, AL
I trust this information more than what I read on other forums and see no reason not to post it to calm everyone down. This is from someone who was right there, not a block away, not inside the club while this happened outside and not from someone who had just left but someone "right there".

Simeon and Rashad were at a club with their girlfriends. As they were all leaving Simeon and Rashad were wrestling with and trying to pull BJ and Caldwell out of a car. Simeon was pretty loud and two cops came running up and grabbed him. They cuffed him and pulled his wallet out and while Simeon was trying to tell them he was only playing. The cop with the wallet looked at the other cop and said sarcastically "should we call the coach"? The informant said the other cop stated "nah, let him find out through the newspaper." They arrested him for disorderly conduct. None of the other players or girlfriends, who were all black, wanted to talk to the cops, both white, for fear of being arrested too. So Simeon was carried off to jail and held for about four hours.
Good to see we can finally talk about this on this board. If this account is accurate, this is a disgrace for the TPD. Sadly though the damage has been done, and our program is being compared to UGA/UT in terms of arrests for one of our guys horseplaying with a buddy in the streets. I'm all for disciplining guys and coming down hard when they screw up, but I honestly don't think this warrants much disciplinary action. It's more of a PR disaster than something Simeon did wrong. I think the officers should be held accountable for their actions in this case. This sadly happens on a daily basis in our country. I know for a fact Simeon's a good kid.

Absolutely. It doesnt matter either way what actually happened, all our rivals have already formed an opinion of the matter and will assume that even if the TPD announces they made a mistake that there must have been some hundred dollar handshakes going around. Unfortunately, some in the Bama family may never be convinced different. Its really sad on a good many of the forums how they'd like the punishment to be anywhere from extremely severe to unheard of severity.
The situation alone proves one thing. The Police are not on anyones payroll. The report should have the arresting officers name on it and it is a matter of public record. I would love to read the report and Castille's statement. You know get both sides of the story. :BigA:

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
not just rival--- some people on here this morning have already been calling for him to be kicked off the team

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
That's about as good of a report as I could have hoped. It's the exact same horseplay that occurs after church on Sunday nights throughout the south. The biggest difference,,,,,, It's a bar at midnight! As a career musician I qualify as an expert on "parking-lot" etiquette and have coached/taught many younger band-mates/musicians the do's and don'ts of conduct outside the venue. Any policeman will tell you the "worst" duty is babysitting the parking-lot of the local booty-bar so they are mad anyway. That's four avoidable arrest the team suffered because the police doesn't have a "parking-lot policy" that is fair and even. I've seen it happen unnessarily hundreds of times. I hope the staff sees this for what it is and helps establish a life long habit of "PROPER PARKING-LOT ETIQUETTE" for the whole team. Please add my name to the list that would like to call BS on the TPD and I know what I'm talking about, I see it every week.

BamaTider4Life

3rd Team
Oct 22, 2004
Ft. Walton Beach, FL
This still won’t help in regards to the national media and it’s infatuation with reporting anything negative about the Crimson Tide. Castille’s arrest was front page news on every college football website that I came across this morning. If the OP is correct with his information, you still won’t see a follow up story on the front pages. The title, “TPD apologizes for Castille arrest” isn’t as news worthy as “Star Alabama cornerback arrested.” This is just PR propaganda, in 12 days it won’t mean much. Rivals will take their jabs because that’s what rivals do.

When an All-SEC cornerback gets arrested it’s a story regardless the circumstances that lead to the arrest. Alabama is under a microscope because we’re the New York Yankees of the college football world. You love us, or hate us, there isn’t any in between.

It’s water under the bridge if you ask me. Castille will be fine, he may get some extra cardio work in, but I wouldn’t expect to see him miss any significant amount of playing time. He was only going to play 2 or 3 quarters our first game anyways. :p

Boys will be boys, and if our only problems are “disorderly conduct” I don’t think we’re quite up to par with the Hurricane’s and Hound Dog’s just yet.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Those two cops need a bit of punishment. I hope they're at least made to apologize.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Ive heard our coach has already told the PD what he felt about the whole thing.

...I bet they cried. :biggrin2:
I also heard he voiced his displeasure .

How many times have the admins on this site jumped the gun? RichRod, maybe? But that was hardly their fault.
That's a key word . The r-tool thing was only up for about 10 minutes before there was some quick editing . By the time I read it and e-mailed it out to others , it was a different read .

Doc Bama

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 11, 2004
Trussville, AL
Of all the football players to get arrested, I cannot believe it!

Simeon is the son of Jeramiah Castille, the football team chaplain, for heaven's sake. If anyone on that football team has common sense and good judgement, I know its Simeon.

If that account is true, then I hope there is a full investigation to clear his name. Castille's name and the reputation of the program should not (yet again) be dragged through the mud because of unprofessional behavior from the police.

I truly hope there is some public outcry over this which will spur an investigation of some sort.

whitman

Scout Team
Dec 28, 2006
I'm not going to give our players a pass on this. They shouldn't have even been putting themselves in a position for this to have a chance of happening.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
We can only moderate this board. I have posted a link to this thread on a couple other boards. Outside of that we have no control over what others may think.

I believe this story is factual and have had it backed up by some others I trust. We locked the threads down earlier to keep this forum from being like the other forums. They can come up to our standard, we aren't going down to theirs.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
As for the morning papers... Well, lets just say it looked kind of odd....:redface:
Especially in B'ham . The word had filtered out that there was a probable verbal agreement then , that Rappaport loser opened the bag and reported everything as concluded fact .

Why did so many choose to follow the lead of a reporter who has the worst record for accuracy in the entire state ? That infant finally saw his 1st Bama/barn game last year - maybe the year before . So , we all know he must possess tremendously irreproachable sources . :rolleyes:

While I'm obviously no fan of IR , he made enough mistakes in Nov & Dec alone to warrant dismissal .

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
We can only moderate this board. I have posted a link to this thread on a couple other boards. Outside of that we have no control over what others may think.

I believe this story is factual and have had it backed up by some others I trust. We locked the threads down earlier to keep this forum from being like the other forums. They can come up to our standard, we aren't going down to theirs.
And thats just one of many reasons I think i will pull myself up a stump and sit around here for awhile. :biggrin2: I browse lots of other forums, even some rival forums and many times I end up reading something that my body reacts to like a stomach virus. :redface:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.