Milroe & Arnold & Hayes doing LANK song

Coach D

3rd Team
Apr 27, 2023
First, yes, I do try to get better at my job and yes, I do think about how to be better at my job even when I'm off the clock....so there's that.
I don't get what you don't get about a football player with his deficiencies is out recording songs and all the LANK stuff and the photo ops and so on.
It's like he's being/acting more like a politician than a player.
If you know you have deficiencies do you neglect that and do a bunch of other stuff and just expect to magically improve?
And at this stage in life they aren't just kids. For that matter, at this stage he hasn't been treated like a kid in a few years.
Yes you try to get better at your job but the point was do you only do that in your life at every moment like you expect him? No free time. Maybe he is thinking how to get better as well but you apparently think that’s a big no.

I have experience in college ball so I do have a pretty good understanding of players and their deficiencies and how this can all relate. I have already said I don’t agree with LANK and a lot of things. But I can’t say that a human setting himself up in life is bad while he has the chance. He could be a nobody real fast. Hell he could start the decline if he didn’t win the job this year and become nobody fast. I don’t like the a lot of ways he has gone about things. Just because he hasn’t necessarily been treated as a kid doesn’t mean he isn’t basically still one especially since his actual brain isn’t fully mature.

You are acting like he spends zero time on football and it’s all or nothing. You a guy on a msg board wasting time instead of working and improving your deficiencies. (I say in gist)

This is coming from a guy that didn’t think Milroe should have been the starter last year and I still lean towards not thinking he is the better QB. But as a human I know he should make money while he can and if he doesn’t improve shouldn’t start. I am not going to bash him on a site without being in the all knowing of him.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
now you're trying to make it like I said things I never said - not cool.

All I said was we don't know what CKD thinks about all this stuff off the field, and that's is possible he doesn't like it. Again - we don't know, and honestly nor should we. That should be handled between player and coach - nothing more.

Coaches generally will (or at least should) publicly praise, and keep the constructive criticism and feedback out of the press b/c that's not likely to help the player develop.

Don't try to make my statements something they aren't.
DeBoer has praised him publicly and you stated that he hasn't said anything negative...the implication is clear.

Sorry, but it is what it is.

Reactions: CrimsonEyeshade

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
How do you know he isn’t watching film as much film and or using VR to get better? We know he doesn’t have a mind like BY so I’m not going to compare but I don’t know where you’re getting a narrative that he isn’t doing as much as he can to get better.
He doesn't but people want to make up stuff to back their viewpoint. I knew starting this post would bring out the anti-Milroe crowd but I had no idea to this degree. As someone said Terrion not being targeted and don't remember Bryce being targeted this way for his Dr. Pepper commercials. I hope it is a #1 hit and Jalen and Terrion make a boatload of money off of it because it is a great, motivational acronym.

Reactions: jjv0004

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Yes you try to get better at your job but the point was do you only do that in your life at every moment like you expect him? No free time. Maybe he is thinking how to get better as well but you apparently think that’s a big no.

I have experience in college ball so I do have a pretty good understanding of players and their deficiencies and how this can all relate. I have already said I don’t agree with LANK and a lot of things. But I can’t say that a human setting himself up in life is bad while he has the chance. He could be a nobody real fast. Hell he could start the decline if he didn’t win the job this year and become nobody fast. I don’t like the a lot of ways he has gone about things. Just because he hasn’t necessarily been treated as a kid doesn’t mean he isn’t basically still one especially since his actual brain isn’t fully mature.

You are acting like he spends zero time on football and it’s all or nothing. You a guy on a msg board wasting time instead of working and improving your deficiencies. (I say in gist)

This is coming from a guy that didn’t think Milroe should have been the starter last year and I still lean towards not thinking he is the better QB. But as a human I know he should make money while he can and if he doesn’t improve shouldn’t start. I am not going to bash him on a site without being in the all knowing of him.
He should only sleep for 2 hours and every waking hour should be devoted to football...even going to class and taking exams is wasting time that could be better spent on football.

In fact, walking is also a waste of time he could spend getting better at QB.

He probably should just sleep on a couch at the practice facility to maximize his improvement...but then again, that's all a waste of time because he's not a QB...never will be a QB...should have transferred to ND with Buechner and played lacrosse.

Reactions: Coach D

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
He doesn't but people want to make up stuff to back their viewpoint. I knew starting this post would bring out the anti-Milroe crowd but I had no idea to this degree. As someone said Terrion not being targeted and don't remember Bryce being targeted this way for his Dr. Pepper commercials. I hope it is a #1 hit and Jalen and Terrion make a boatload of money off of it because it is a great, motivational acronym.
Remember the war of words over Saban publicly saying that the team chose Milroe in a locker room mutiny and then no one could actually point to a quote of Saban actually saying it?

Then it became, "Well, we all know what he meant when he didn't say it. You could tell because his straw hat was slightly off kilter."

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't care what Saban called out in this case. There are sooo many instances of players slamming helmets and some of those players are all time greats. Saban can be wrong and he is wrong in this case if he is that upset over a helmet being slammed.

That's fair. That Auburn team had a solid D but definitely fair. I am in no way saying Milroe is a saint but some of the talk around him is just absurd.
My only point is that if he wants to just dunk on naysayers then he better be ready for his relentless barrage of criticism that comes with that smoke. And from the year long assessment of him is that he takes it very poorly.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
My only point is that if he wants to just dunk on naysayers then he better be ready for his relentless barrage of criticism that comes with that smoke. And from the year long assessment of him is that he takes it very poorly.
Seems like he faces a lot of criticism from his own fan base...although one could argue that a lot of Bama fans aren't Milroe fans.

I'm to the point that I think some people would rather he stink and we lose a bunch of games just to prove they were right instead of hoping he thrives and we're good because that would prove them wrong.

I can't recall another Bama player who didn't commit some violations or crimes or do something to damage the team who has been blasted so badly by fans.

Coach D

3rd Team
Apr 27, 2023
He should only sleep for 2 hours and every waking hour should be devoted to football...even going to class and taking exams is wasting time that could be better spent on football.

In fact, walking is also a waste of time he could spend getting better at QB.

He probably should just sleep on a couch at the practice facility to maximize his improvement...but then again, that's all a waste of time because he's not a QB...never will be a QB...should have transferred to ND with Buechner and played lacrosse.
I laughed at this because it made me think of how Christian McCaffrey’s dad sounded.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
That's fine and valid. His legacy will ultimately be dictated by what he does on the field.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I honestly was rooting for Milroe to not win the job. Alabama fans have made me completely flip my position this offseason.

I can't remember wanting a player to succeed more than I want Milroe too. The criticism of him is just off the walls nowadays. Literally anything he does gets criticized or discounted.
Agreed. When speaking with family, friends and reading local and national articles they don't see it the way some see it on this board. It seems it is almost a mob mentality of piling on Jalen and it is sad IMO.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Really...so feeding the poor would make him better able to read defenses?

Cleaning up trash in local waterways would give him a great pocket presence?

Maybe learning how to work in a recording studio will improve his ability to be more consistent. (I honestly don't believe that, I just think it's on the same level of ridiculousness as the premise that being Mother Theresa would make him a better QB).

I can see it now..."Coach can you comment on what Milroe has been doing this spring to prep for next year?" "Well, all that time slinging soup at the homeless shelter has really improved his hand-eye coordination...probably going to reduce the number of bad snaps we have."

Who knows, maybe his cadence will improve after spending time behind a mic.

You can't be serious.
You know damn well feeding the poor and making a song simply don't compare to each other. One is about helping your community, and the other is about helping yourself. Stop it with the false equivalencies. Jalen Milroe is the worst starting QB Bama has had since Saban became coach, and he should be focusing on being a better football player, not building his brand.

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
Didn't we lose, though? I never really had much of an issue with LANK, but I just think this isn't the best look since we lost. If we had won the natty, then by all means, but we didn't even make it to the final game

• Thank You
Reactions: BamaMoon